Thursday, February 13, 2014

prayers for Griffin

We all know about one little boy who has my heart.  Levi.  

But, before there was Levi, there was another little boy who had my heart.  He still does.  Our nephew, Griffin.


If you know G, you know that he is full of life!  


On Monday, Griffin had a doctor's appointment where the doctor told Travis & Jenny he wanted Griffin to have an echo done due to a heart murmur.  He said it was probably normal, but wanted it checked out. They scheduled an appointment with a cardiologist for the next day.  What we thought would be a routine "it's just a normal heart murmur" visit didn't turn out that way.  I got a text from Jenny where she proceeded to tell me that Griffin has a defect with his heart and will need to have open heart surgery within the next couple of months.  


Excuse me?

Open heart surgery?

I just about threw up and wanted to cry.  

So, here are the details of what I know.  The surgeon said that Griffin has a defect with his heart that will require surgery.  He can wait a couple of months.  Six months?  No.  And, to not have the surgery is not an option.  He will be in the hospital for a few days and should resume normal activity a few days after that.  There are 9 doctors in the practice and the surgeon wants to take Griffin's case before them just to confer and make sure they are all on the same page.  Travis & Jenny will meet with the surgeon next week and schedule the surgery.    


Right now, we are all in shock.  It's probably a good thing you can't see me writing this post because I'm a teary, snotty mess!  I can't imagine how Travis & Jenny are feeling.  But, you know what?  We are a family that believes in the power of prayer.  We know a God who is the ultimate caretaker and healer and we know that He will watch over little G-man.  We know that our friends will cover him in prayer, now and until he is out doing his next triathlon.  


So, if you would, please join us in prayer for Griffin.  Pray specifically for strength, health and peace.  Pray for the surgeon.  Pray for the team of nurses that will work with him.  Pray for Travis and Jenny, Lord have mercy...I can't imagine!  Pray for Emmy.  Pray for the grandparents and weepy aunts.  And, uncles, too! ;-)  I know everything will be okay...just may take a while to get there!  Love you, Griffin!!

15 comments:

Jaime Mac said...

Wow. This post made me tear up thinking of all you guys. I know you all have incredible Faith & that will surely help get you through this. But also it's a VERY scary thing to think about. Hugs & prayers of healing for Griffin & peace for ALL the family. <3

Granny G said...

Love and prayers!

Shelly said...

Praying for you all!!

Unknown said...

praying for your nephew!

Cindy said...

Oh my gosh! I am praying for Griffin and your entire family!

ginmommy said...

You know I'm praying! And will get people in BG praying for him too.

Unknown said...

Major prayers coming from the southwest. Tracey, would it be ok if my wife sends this out to our prayer chain? Last year I sold a road bike to Travis for Griffin. It was one I had built for my nephew and he had out grown. I look forward to seeing G-man riding it when this is all over.

Unknown said...

Praying for Griffin and the entire family as well as all medical staff that are and will be involved.

Tracey said...

Bob, yes, please share! We appreciate your prayers. I remember Travis telling me about the bike. Griffin is very excited about it. :)

Sherry said...

Tracy praying for all the above and His peace. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers! Praying for Griffin that he WILL receive a healing touch from Jesus! Also that the medical staff are anointed with wisdom and knowledge to offer the perfect plan of treatment for Griffin.

Jill said...

Praying for everyone. I have a friend from high school that just went through all of this. Her son {I think he's nine} had open heart surgery last week and is doing great. I can send info your way if Jenny and Travis just want to talk to someone who has recently had to walk it.

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

I haven't stopped thinking about this since I read it the other day. Prayers all around. Will add him to out prayer list at church!

Unknown said...

My daughter Kylie goes to school with Griffin and my husband worked with his parents. I have had the pleasure of meeting them all. Griffin is definetely full of LIFE! I have no doubt he will do some amazing things in his lifetime. We pray that GOD wraps his healing hands around Griffin, his family, and friends as they love him through this.

Jami said...

I already knew about this, but it still gives me chills reading it. Praying, praying, praying!

I'm gonna go share your blog post with my CBS gals.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS