I have to share a funny little story that happened this weekend. Sunday, for the most part, is family day. Pretty much every Sunday, we meet up with my family for lunch. Sometimes there are just a few of us, but sometimes all 14 of us are there. This Sunday, all 14 of us headed out for Mexican. There were several people from our church at the same restaurant. If you know Eric, you will know that he has earned the nickname "Mayor". He pretty much knows people wherever we go. As we were finishing our meals, we noticed all the waiters coming in carrying a sombrero which means one thing...it was someone's birthday! Then, they came to our table. Weird. Then, they walked up behind Eric, put the hat on his head and started to sing "Happy Birthday" in Spanish. Um, it isn't his birthday. Everyone was looking around at everyone like, "What the heck??"... Our waiter told us the "gentleman at the next table told him it was Eric's birthday"!!! HILARIOUS! One of our church friends must have done that before they left! We have it narrowed down to two people. Paybacks... ;-) As we were leaving, Griffin said, "Happy birthday, Uncle Eric!" Ha!
Switching gears a little, I'm going to ask you guys to pray. Yesterday, our family got some startling news. I can't give out details just yet, but God knows. I will share as soon as I am able to do so. Until then, please pray for our family. Pray specifically for healing, comfort and for peace.
God has really been speaking to my heart over the last few weeks about keeping things more simple. Yesterday was a confirmation to that. At the end of the day, it is the sweet, little things that are important.
I saw this picture of Levi at my in-law's the other night and it reminded me how quickly life happens.
How did that turn into this:
He used to be a blob and now he reads his own Bible and is full of questions that sometimes blow me away! His heart for others to know Jesus really challenges me. Just the other night, he told Eric and me at bed time that he thinks we need to start going door to door in our neighborhood and asking people if they know Jesus. Wow...
Okay, I will lighten things up again. I saw this yesterday and it was PERFECT for me. Gave me a good chuckle. Oh, and I must be advanced because I started on the Day 11 Challenge:




4 comments:
Prayers for you, friend!
Prayers being said. Bless you all!
Will keep you in our prayers.
Praying!!!
Post a Comment