Y'all, I love Diet Coke. I really do! I love it almost as much as I love Peyton Manning. In fact, they may be tied. It's been a staple in my life for many, many years. With that said, I'm not buying it to keep at home any more. It doesn't give me headaches and I'm not trying to be all "ANTI DIET COKE"....I'm just trying to do two things: be a little more economical and drink more water.
I like just plain water, but a friend told me about lemon cucumber water. Sounded interesting, so I gave it a try.
I found a ton of different recipes on Pinterest and it kind of confused me. I mean, how hard can this be? Just add some lemon and some cucumber. So, I made my own concoction.
1 lemon, sliced
Half of a large cucumber, sliced
Put them in a pitcher
Add a bunch of ice on top
And, fill it up with water
It was actually pretty good! I was afraid I would hate it. I like plain ol' tap water better, but it was a nice change. I'm not much of a cucumber gal, so next time I will do a little less cucumber.
Saturday evening, we got together with some friends (and I didn't take any pictures! FAIL.) and my parents watched the kids. Mom sent me this:
So sweet! They took them to Griffin's ballgame and Maggie just couldn't hold out any longer. Man, she loves her Papa.
Sunday, I asked Levi if he wanted to wash dishes for me. I bribed him with a dollar. (He has regular chores to do, but occasionally, I will pay him to do extra things I don't want to do." This is sad, but he said, "How do I wash dishes?" Oh my gosh! I guess we rely on the dishwasher a little too much! ;-) I showed him how to fill the sink with soapy water, scrub the dishes and lay them out to dry. I think he actually enjoyed it!
I'm sure it will get old soon enough. ;-)
We went to a Super Bowl party Sunday evening where there were SIXTEEN kids running around everywhere. That's a lot of little feet! But, it was so much fun. I would do it again in a heartbeat (unless the Colts were playing -- then I would be at home where no one would hear me cuss). I went downstairs during The National Anthem to take Levi some food and I saw this --
Be still my heart. All the little boys were standing there, so quiet and peaceful, hands over their hearts and just in awe. I seriously almost lost it. Don't worry...immediately after the song, they were back to their rambunctious selves. :-) We were quite disappointed in the game. But, I focused on the positive: I still love Peyton and I was very glad it wasn't the Colts getting spanked! ;-)




2 comments:
You tried cucumber water, but never my beloved egg nog :(
1. I am a plain water girl too.
2. Those boys with their hands over their hearts. PRECIOUS!!!
3. All those babies...FUN! I get baby fever for about 1.2 seconds a year and that's about it for me.
4. Super glad you had such a fun weekend with G! :)
Post a Comment