I'm gonna say "Don't judge" even though I know you will go ahead and judge. But, it's okay...I have some pretty thick skin when it comes to my blankie. Years and years of verbal abuse about my blankie has given me the ability to compartmentalize and SHUT OUT THE ABUSE.
I am not ashamed.
I love my blankie.
And, yes, I use the word LOVE as present tense.
I found these pictures last night and it just captures the love affair that I have always had with my blankie. That's me, on the right, smelling my blankie at the beach with my grandparents. {L.O.V.E. this picture!}
Again, me...rocking out my onesie footed pj's and holding onto my blankie.
ME...loving on my blankie while snoozing with my Granddaddy. LOVE.
YOU GUYS...this is my blankie today:
LOVED. That's all I can say! It is so loved! Notice how I've tried to put it back together wherever it starts unraveling. There are knots all over the place! I can hear all the gasps and I can see you shaking your heads. Don't worry, I don't sleep with it any longer. ;) But, I do hang onto it as a keepsake. Eric showed it to Maggie recently and the look on her face was priceless! She rubbed her little hand on it and said, "Oh Mommy, how precious!" I love that she understands.
So, go ahead with your






3 comments:
I admit my jaw dropped when I saw present day blankie. I'm impressed that it was able to endure all your years of abuse-er I mean LOVE. :)
I'm also impressed that you've kept it all these years. If impressed also means disturbed...
Remember when you brought it camping? HA HA HA
awwww ha ha is all i have to say.
Post a Comment