Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Mom fail #496

You know how you are supposed to go to the dentist every six months?  Yeah.  #MOMFAIL  I realized on vacation that I hadn't taken Levi to the dentist in a while.  I was trying to calculate when it was that he went last... a year?  No, try two and a half!  I took him when he was FIVE and for some reason, we didn't make our six month checkup appointment and low and behold, it's been two and a half years.  REALLY, TRACEY??!!  Luckily, he is a good brusher and his teeth looked great -- no cavities!    


This was Maggie's first appointment.  They start seeing kids there around three years old.  Needless to say, she wasn't quite so easy going as Levi was!  YOU GUYS, it was hilarious!  First of all, we go to a small practice where Eric's mom used to work.  Everyone is like family.  When I walked in with the kids, all the workers flocked around, remarking at how big Levi had gotten.  {Two and a half years will do wonders for a growth spurt! Ha!}  Many of them had never seen Maggie before, and they were quite smitten with her.  


 So, when I got Maggie on my lap in the dentist chair and she started crying, everyone flocked around again, you know...to console her.  They brought her toys, little trinkets and were trying to use their "sing song" voices to convince her not to be scared.  I think all the strangers only made it worse.  She was a mess!  It was getting pretty comical.  We finally got her to open her mouth and all they did was count her teeth.  Goodness gracious, that child is a mess!  Thank goodness Mamaw was there to help out.


After all was said and done, she told the dentist, "You can clean my teeth next time, I promise."  Yeah, right! ;-)

Oh, and check out my little jailbirds!  We did a little trick or treating at the rehab facility where my grandparents are staying.  Hoping that the forecast changes for Thursday...right now they are predicting rain.  Boo!!


Cutest little criminals I've ever seen!


3 comments:

Jami said...

I can't believe you made Maggie got to the dentist, poor baby. Bring her over here and let me give her some taffy.

ginmommy said...

I never fail as a mom.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

All caught up! You crack me up! I love the dentist pics! :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS