Friday, September 13, 2013

It's Friday, it's in the 70's, and it's G & T time!!

There are two pretty awesome things about today: it's FRIDAY and the temperature is cooler!!  Woo hoo!!  
Several people have asked how my diet lifestyle change is going.  So, since it is the weekend and I haven't updated this week, I figured an update was due!


I'm still hanging in there, trying to make healthy choices a part of my everyday life.  Like this:


Besides Alicia, who goes to the store and gets all that?  It still kills me to pass up the cookies... sigh.

I've been loving the gym!  Some days, I go and walk/jog on the treadmill.  That is my absolute least favorite thing to do.  In fact, I hate the treadmill.  With a passion.  When I do the treadmill, I try to fit in a half hour of lifting.  My trainer is awesome and showed me very specific things she wants me doing.  I'll admit that it is intimidating to "lift" next to some of these guys that have muscles exploding out of their arms and shoulders.  But, I've caught onto some of their habits.  They load extremely heavy weights, sit on the bench and breathe really heavy, adjust their music on their iProduct, stand up and walk around their machine 5-8 times.  Then, they lift.  Sometimes 5-10 reps.  Then they moan and make sounds that would remind you of a dinosaur dying, and hop up and do more walking around their machine.  I'm not there.  I just do my quiet little lifts, sweat some, and try not to be noticed.  ;)

I've tried a few different classes.  I love Group Power and Zumba.  Then, it was time.  Time for me to try this stupid Spin class everyone is talking about.


The first time I did it, I hated it.  It was uber hard and I couldn't get past my bottom hurting!  Some people didn't care about my complaining:


Every single person told me to go back within three days.  They said the second time would be better and soon you wouldn't notice the butt pain.  I just knew that they were lying...every single one of them!  However, I went back, and it didn't hurt as bad.  I've been three times now and actually kind of like it.  Gasp!  ;)

Okay, so this Friday is special for one more reason!  I'm heading to BG for a much needed G & T weekend!!  I'M SO EXCITED!  So, this is the moment of truth -- how will I handle making "healthy" decisions on my weekend off?  

For the first time ever, I've packed exercise clothes!  YES.  G and I are going to workout in the morning at her gym.  Whaaa??? 


And, I've packed my chai tea in hopes that this will satisfy better than a cupcake.  A cupcake...I can't...


I've also packed some hard candy, gum and an apple for the trip down.  What is this world coming to?


And, instead of stopping for my traditional diet coke from heaven on earth, I packed a water.  WHO AM I??????  


 So, stay tuned, or follow me on IG (dietcokeluvr) to see updates on how horrible life is without splurging and indulging in buckets of chips and queso.....

5 comments:

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

You go, girl! I'm eating all that healthy crap, too, and drinking WATER. I don't know myself anymore. BLECH.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

I laughed out loud several times....

"Besides Alicia" HILARIOUS!

Love that you've packed things! That's key...planning!! WAY TO GO!! Don't deprive yourself but think about how good it will feel Monday when you have a healthy weekend! :)

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Lynne and Nick said...

You are doing great!! I've been jogging on the treadmill for about a month now and it is BRUTAL. I don't see me ever loving it!

Jami said...

I love your commentary on guys lifting weights, hilarious!
Yes, only Alicia shops like that :)
Have a great trip!

ginmommy said...

I think we did pretty awesome.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS