Monday, September 23, 2013

swingin' at the park, a little tea time, and a day trip to Indy

This weekend was a pretty fantastic weekend!  Something about this fall weather just makes me giddy and puts me in a good mood. :)  Friday morning, Natalie and I decided to take all the girls to the park and we all had such a good time together.  The girls loved being outside playing and Nat and I enjoyed chit chatting. ;)






YOU GUYS...these pictures just cracked me up!  There is something special about watching your child cackling when you swing her "high".  So, so precious!  Love my Maggie May!


Saturday, we did a whole lotta nuthin'.  I'm pretty sure I hit some sort of epic level of lazy that day.  Do you ever have those days where you cannot for the life of you remember what you did all day long?  No?  Well, I do!  It's like I have the early onset of dementia!  I know at some point I was probably pretty productive...maybe...??  I do remember that Levi spent the night with a friend, Maggie didn't nap and went to bed at 7pm, so Eric and I had a movie night.  O Happy Day!


My grandpa had surgery on Friday.  My parents actually took him to Indianapolis for the surgery.  He is doing pretty well, but will be in the hospital for a few more days.  We are used to my grandparents being about 10 minutes away, so it's weird that he is recovering in Indy!  Sunday morning, we loaded up to make the trek for a visit.  


The kids did extremely well and loved visiting with him!  He had some pretty crazy tubes and gadgets all around him, but they took it in stride.  Luckily, we had our own waiting room area and my parents had both of their iPads there. ;)  

My parents took us to lunch and I seriously think this sign is true:  


City BBQ - um, it was sooo good!  Great, great food!

And the company wasn't half bad...


Seriously, though, I know my parents were glad to see us...especially the kids.  Day in and day out at the hospital can make you a little batty.  


On the way home, Eric took us to the Russel Stover store.  Oh my.

I LOVE CARAMEL APPLES.  Like LOVE them!  They are one of my favorite fall treats.  Ever.  CARAMEL APPLES.  LOVE.  When I walked in the door and saw this sign, I did a little happy dance and said, "thank you, Jesus".


Because I am a FREAK now (and this will make Alicia sooo happy...ugh!), I looked up the calories on MyFitnessPal and it was 350 calories FOR HALF AN APPLE.  700 calories for a whole apple.  I stomped my feet, may have cried a little, and did not get an apple.  In the moment, I really wanted it.  But now, in hindsight, I'm very proud of myself. :)


The kids were in awe at everything they had in the store.  Can you believe they didn't want any candy?  Whaaa???  Levi wanted ice cream and Maggie wanted a stuffed doggie animal.  Ha!

Such a fun, fun day with my family.  I heart them.



5 comments:

melanie said...

i'm eating an apple dumpling while reading it. You are so strong. way to go with the carmel apple.
The park can be the best place in town. fun stuff

ginmommy said...

I comment on your blog. But you don't comment on mine.

Hers and His said...

^ Gretchen is cracking me up! Anyhoo...Love the swing pics! I was with her in helping hands the other day and she is a doll :-)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

WOW!!! That is impressive and took TONS of will power!!! SO SO very proud of YOU!!!

I try to think about how good it will feel when I DON'T eat something. It gets me through! :)

Jami said...

Bob Hedge Park, I haven't been there in ages!
Great will power!
Yes, you don't comment on mine either.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS