Thursday, September 5, 2013

Football is cool. Peyton is good. And I got my hair cut.

I got this text from my sister-in-law this morning:



So, here I am -- updating my blog.  Finally!  :)

I'm going to do some bragging on Levi today.  Most of my days are spent with Maggie, so when I get a chance to boast on my baby boy, I will do it gladly!

We received this book in the mail today:


At first glance, I didn't know what it was.  Then, I remembered that his teacher sent home a permission slip several months ago asking if his poetry could be published.  I got pretty excited, you know, thinking Edgar Allan Poe, C.S. Lewis, Charles Dickens... the possibilities were endless!  So, brace yourselves!!  Here is Levi's poetry that was published.  Age 6:



God love him.

Sadly, I don't think we have a future famous poet on our hands.  But, I'm still a proud momma!!  I think it is awesome that we have his work published in a book that we can keep forever and ever.  And, he is right -- Football is cool and Peyton is good.  Amen and amen.


While I am bragging on him, I want to share about his love for cycling.  He has begun going on bike rides with Eric and he cannot get enough!  Eric bought him a road bike last year and he has really taken off on it.  Just recently, they have graduated from small rides around our neighborhood and are off gallivanting on the "main roads".  It makes me extremely nervous, but I know that Eric is overly cautious with him.  His latest ride was just shy of 7 miles!!!  I think that is awesome for a 7 year old!  So proud of my little man. :)  


One last thing for the day -- unless you follow me on Twitter, you may not know that I got a hair cut!  I kind of went back to my old style and I love it!  I was ready for something different for Fall.  Of course, the week got it cut, we went back to 90 degree weather. ;)


Now I'm ready for some jeans, sweaters, scarves and hot chocolate!  Bring it on!!

5 comments:

ginmommy said...

That poem is great!!!

Jami said...

That poem is awesome! And I love your hair.

bethjosh said...

Love the hair... it looks fabulous no matter what cut. I'm a bit jealous :-)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

Great poem! I think it's awesome that he loves to ride so much! Your hair looks great!!

melanie said...

cut hair, especially for a wolves mane. :)

loved the poem, good stuff. He's getting so big out on the open road.

good post

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS