Friday, August 3, 2012

when you watch your friend's kids...and other fun stuff!

While Gretchen was in town, I offered to watch her kids one night while she met up with her sister.  My kids love having other kids here to play with, so it was a win-win situation! :)  Plus, when you watch someone else's kids, you can let them drink chocolate milk...
 ...jump on the bed until they are ready to pass out...

...let them have two or three or four snacks after dinner...
...and take a bath loaded up with tons 'o bubbles!
 Oh, and the girls did all that while the boys did this:
 Love those kids!  It was fun having them hang with us for an evening before they had to head home. :( 

On Monday, my Aunt Gail and my cousin, Robin drove down and spent the day at my Mom's.  It was SO MUCH FUN getting to hang with them for the day!!  Robin had moved to Texas (gasp!) and is now on the Wisconsin/Illinois border.  They are only 6 hours away as opposed to 12! 
 I managed to get a group shot of all of the kids.  I think I had to threaten a few lives...but hey, it was worth it!
Maggie-2, Emmy-4, Casey-5, Nicholas-6, Levi-6, Griffin-7, Bailey-8, Abigail-9, Noah-11 
On Tuesday, we had one last hoorah before Gretchen headed home.  Met up at the park and even though it felt like it was 110 degrees, we had a great time gabbing and letting the little kiddos run free!  I truly do love these girls!!  
 And I love all of these offspring. ;)  They are cute, fun and totally worth all the headaches!  Ha! 
 Such a great week filled with lots of girlfriend time!  I'm so thankful that I was able to spend so much time with my bestie before school starts back.  Sigh...I can't believe I have a first grader.  Someone pass me a tissue... 

5 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

It IS fun having someone else's kids! Love giving them all the bad things! :)

Jami said...

I bet the kids loved their time together. I've loved all our time together.

melanie said...

The bush kids couldn't have been in better hands. I don't realize how much I covet girlfriend time till I have such a good day together even at 110 degees

melanie said...

The bush kids couldn't have been in better hands. I don't realize how much I covet girlfriend time till I have such a good day together even at 110 degees

ginmommy said...

Yea for watching my kids! Even if you let them do naughty things ;) Such a good time with my friends. Love you!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS