Sunday, August 26, 2012

she may be quirky, but she's my bff and I love her

I love being a stay at home mom.  I really do!  I have to be honest, though and say that I miss certain things about working.  One of those things is being able to take a personal day JUST FOR ME.  I worked for four years after having Levi and it seemed like my personal days became his days.  But, occasionally I would squeeze in some time to just go do what I wanted to do. ;)  My mom offered to watch Maggie for me so Gretchen and I could meet halfway for lunch and I jumped for joy, screamed and called Gretchen right away said "Sure!" :)  So, a plan was born.

Now, you guys know I love this girl!  I really do. 
 One of the reasons I love her is because of her quirks.  Oh my stars.  She cracks me up!  When we met up, she said, "I have to show you this..."  She showed me her necklace.  If you look up close, you will see a small necklace tucked in her dress.  Um....she has a small silver necklace stuck to the longer necklace and can't get them unhooked, so she just keeps it on there and tucks it in her dress.  Oy.  Sometimes there are just no words. 
 So, first thing on the agenda was a pedi!  I LOVED this.  Just time to sit, chat and snap 100 pictures.  I'm sure the little ladies thought we were insane! ;)
 Ta da!  This was a new color for me.  I'm def a red girl. ;)
 What trip would be complete without some self portraits?  Oops...first one was on zoom.
 Same pose, different clothes.
 Okay, another reason I love this gal is that we never seem to change.  Situations change, we move on and meet new people.  We don't see each other as often.  But it doesn't matter.  When we are together, we are just us.  We pick up where we left off.  We are just goofy, boring G & T who love to eat, shop and chat it up. 
 We ended up at Cracker Barrel for lunch where we covered every topic under the sun!  I'm sure people around us were wondering about the two ladies who were sitting there f.o.r.e.v.e.r., laughing uncontrollably.
 And, last on the agenda -- a diet cherry coke for the road. 
I am so thankful for life's little blessings: Gretchen, a restaurant halfway between us, and a great diet cherry coke. :) 

5 comments:

HilaryFarris said...

Personal days do the heart good.. especially when they're spent with your BFF!

ginmommy said...

I love it! Yes, I am a quirky gal, and I appreciate that you don't mind that about me. :-) It was a fun, fun morning! We must do it again soon!!

Jami said...

Yes! That is what I miss most about working too. I am so in next time. Looks like a fantastic day!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

FUN!! Love that necklace story! HILARIOUS!! Thanks for not keeping that one to yourself!! ha ha ha!

Jaime Mac said...

Oh I LOVED this post! SO much fun! That's the TRUE sign of a friend for life...when you may not see them for-eva, but when you do - you pick up just like nothing has changed!
LOVE Gretchen's necklace story...she IS ghetto...

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS