Monday, May 28, 2012

wooden and reckless...

It's been a pretty full week, but I honestly can't remember what we have been busy doing!  Does anyone else ever have weeks like that?  :)  I tried to capture some of the highlights with my phone.  

Last weekend, we took the kids to Pizza King to celebrate their birthdays!!  Levi LOVES the train.  I mean, what kid doesn't like their drink brought to them via choo choo train??  {I will post about their birthday party.  I was a BAD mom and forgot my camera, so I had to wait on my sister to get me the pics!} 


Alright, you guys, it has been HOT here!  I'm not really much of a hot weathered person unless you can spend time in a pool!  That is exactly what we have done.  Spending lots of waking hours at Grammy & Papa's!  So nice!
 I even got to spend two and a half hours there by myself on Friday just laying out.  Heaven.  Well, except that my dad found a nest of spiders living under the pool pump about six months ago.  Those spiders happened to be Black Widow spiders.  O.M.G.  He has also found some Brown Recluse spiders.  Needless to say, Black Diamond has been coming out regularly to spray!!  He did find some more Black Widow a few weeks ago, but I think they are all gone.  I've been napping by the pool with one eye open. ;)  The funny thing about this little rant is that when my dad showed the boys the spiders, Levi called them Black Wooden spiders and Griffin called them Brown Reckless.  Boys!  Too funny. :)
 We've been having lots of cousin time at the pool, which has been wonderful.  We love our cousins!!  My brother sent me the picture of Maggie below.  I think it's hilarious.  Dad said she looks like someone from the Avengers! Ha! 
 We've also been spending some time at Grammy's classroom.  She is retiring this week and been giving the kids lots of her books!!  They are LOVING it!  Something really special we got to see on Thursday was the baby chicks!  Mom is doing a chick lesson and eight of the chicks have hatched!!
 Levi was all about holding the chicks and playing with them, but Maggie just liked them from a distance. :)
 With our three day weekend, Eric has gotten to spend lots of time at home with us and it has been awesome!  We've gone swimming, grilled out, had movie nights, made fun stuff for breakfast, and just had some really quality family time - yay!  Much needed!  I adore these two little munchkins right here...

4 comments:

Jami said...

I love all the pool pics and the suntanned faces.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

FUN! We used to hatch chicks!! One of my fav things to do! :)

ginmommy said...

Um, I'm seriously freaked out by the spiders :/

Jaime Mac said...

UHM Brown recluse spiders? Black widows? Oh my word, that's crazy stuff!!!!
(Love the pic of you & Maggie at Pizza King with her schmooshed up face!) (Is that a word? i dunno...)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS