Thursday, May 10, 2012

she puked, but I still ate my burger

The last two days have been a whirlwind.  This is the first moment I've had to myself since Tuesday night...so I thought I'd blog. ;) 

We were on our way to Levi's Tball game and stopped at McDonald's to eat.  Jaime Mac, you might want to stop reading here. :)  Maggie was all of a sudden very clingy and wanted me to hold her.  I picked her up and started to order.  I ordered the kids a happy meal and myself a cheeseburger and fries.  Before I could finish, Maggie threw up all.over.me.  Poor baby girl!  I immediately took off towards the bathroom and she did it again on the way.  Lovely.  My kids have never thrown up in public, and I was sooo horrified!  But, it happens and I went into Mommy Mode...just doing what I had to.  Oh My Stars...did you know McDonald's has hand dryers?  There were no paper towels in the bathroom, so I broke out the baby wipes.  I was so thankful that my MIL was with me, because she took care of Levi...and got our food! LOL
 I'm also thankful for my parents who were headed to the game and swung by to get Levi for me.  They took him, cheered him on, brought him home and even stopped to get Mags some Gatorade.  Awesome!!
 Another thing I am thankful for is that she only threw up once! But, she was burning up with fever.  She wanted to be held and screamed bloody murder when I would have to pee.  These are the times when I really miss Eric being home!! :(  And, in case you are wondering, YES, I did eat my cheeseburger later after we got home. 
We made it threw the night, but she was still puny in the morning.  I looked in her throat and saw blisters, so we headed to the doc and sure enough, she has Hand, Food, Mouth Disease.  Ugh.  Again.  Ugh.  It will be a rough few days, but hopefully by the weekend we will be headed for better days!

And, one more thing I am thankful for {can you tell I'm TRYING to be positive??!!}...I weighed this morning and am down 10 pounds!  Yay!!!  Hanging in there does pay off.  :)))

9 comments:

ginmommy said...

Oh my stars. The bathtub pic. Pitiful AND funny. Get better Maggie May!! AND WAY TO GO!!!!

Jami said...

I'm having anxiety just reading this, the throwing up in public! Poor, pitiful girl!
Good job on the weight loss :)

Kerry said...

Great job losing ten pounds!! I think you are beautiful anyway and I think those pics of you with your snuggly daughter are so cute :)
My eldest child always had a tendency to puke in public places and it even happened in McDonalds once, all over the tray of food! Needless to say that I did not finish my burger lol
Hope she is feeling better now :)
Thank you for your sweet comments on my posts, you are so lovely!!

Arthur Family said...

Oh, poor baby! We had it last week. Not fun. Praying she gets over quickly!

Ashley Ditto said...

New to your blog. Prayers for your sweet angel!

Jaime Mac said...

Good job on the 10lbs! Whoop whoop!
Poor poor Maggie may. She looks soooo pitiful in that tub. Puking in McDonald's? Oh, the humanity. :)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

10 POUNDS!!! YIPPPEEEE!!!! Poor girl and poor Mommy!! That picture of her in the tub....pitiful! :(

Brittany said...

poor maggie looks miserable in that last pic!
sweet mm!!! bless her heart!

puking stories - I have them. yuck! they are no fun! but make me almost want to laugh thinking of them now! ;)

melanie said...

It's like you were at our church last sunday. we heard that a boy came down with hfm. luckily God made us go to first service so aiden wasn't around him, but our friend reagan caught it. poor maggie
who's MIL

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS