Mothers Day. A day to celebrate being a Mommy. A day to celebrate my wonderful mom. A day to celebrate all the wonderful women in my life that have helped mold me into who I am today. I love this day. And, today was a pretty near perfect day for me. We all got ready and headed to church. We even had time to snap a little family portrait! Yay!!
I became very reflective once we arrived to church. I'm not sure why...? I just had so many memories that started to flood my mind. Maggie sat with us during church because I wasn't sure she was ready to be back in the nursery from her latest spell of sickies. ;) Having her beside me in church made me a little emotional. I began to just thank God that He chose me to raise her. What a blessing. I also thought of Levi and the little boy that he is becoming. I'm so blessed to be his Mom! I thought of our first baby, that we never got to meet, and wondered how different life would be if I hadn't miscarried. As much as I wanted that baby, I wouldn't have known Levi or Maggie! As church went on, we sang "It is well with my soul"...oh my. One of my all time favorite hymns, sung at my Grandmother's funeral, I wanted to cry buckets of tears. But, my tears and my emotion was all from pure Joy. My family comes from such a beautiful legacy of strong Christian women, and I hope that I can carry on that legacy and instill it in my children...
And, speaking of legacy...My beautiful mom.
I love her so much! We have a special bond that a lot of women don't share with their mothers. I cannot describe to you how much she means to me! We laugh, cry, tease, encourage, read, sunbathe, visit spas, eat, and shop together. There is not much that my mom and I haven't experienced together. She is a special, special lady and I can't imagine my life without her!
I had such a special day...with my mom, my kids and my MIL. I'm so thankful. :)






6 comments:
Great pics! Look at that stinker, Maggie, cheesing away! HA! Your mom is pretty great!
What a beautiful family... :-) Did I tell you I had dinner with your parents a few weeks ago at Pizza Company??? Well, they were at the next table! haha
Happy Mother's Day, Tracey! :)
it's easy to get emotional about our family. Happy Mother's Day
Great pics! Love the one of you guys where Maggie has her little arm around Levi's neck. Cuteness!
What little I know of your mom-she seems super fun! Glad you have a GREAT mom!
Great, great day!! :)
Post a Comment