Monday, May 21, 2012

from moss green to corn silk yellow

When we moved into our home three years ago, we didn't paint very much.  In fact, we only painted the living room.  The kitchen and living room were painted the same color...I called it moss green.  I didn't mind the color, even though it wasn't what I would have picked out.  But, it was a little too much green for me, so went with something more neutral.  Please excuse the cute little girl in the tote! ;)
 So, here it is...the moss. 
 For Mother's Day, I decided I wanted a kitchen re-do!!  And, Eric didn't fight me on it.  Happy Mother's Day to meeee!!!  :)))  I packed everything away and got ready for taping everything off.  Um, I usually clean my little decorative jars pretty often {I just throw them in the dishwasher!} but I guess it has been a while!  Can we say DUST???  Gross...
 On Saturday morning, the painting began!  Later, I found this picture of Levi.  Hilarious!  He hasn't learned about flattering angles yet. ;)
 Goodbye moss, hello corn silk!  I love, love, love me some YELLOW!  It reminds me of my Grandmother. :)  She always told me that on a rainy day, you need to wear some red or yellow.  It will make you smile. 
 Levi got lessons on the proper way to paint.  I think he just wanted to paint his name everywhere! Ha!
 Hello cuteness!  She didn't get to paint, so we tried giving her important jobs like "go get a wet rag" or "go turn the tv up"...
 And, voila!  The finished room!  I was SOOOO happy with the color!
 I still need fabric for my chairs and window treatments, but it is almost complete!
 My canisters from Pier 1 on our girls weekend! :)
 I love how my jars show up against the yellow! :)
 And, one little addition...a new lemonade jar.  Eric died when I said it was for decoration.  He doesn't understand the need for some cute stuff.  Sigh...
And, my new rug...
I hope to get my window treatments this weekend!  Then I will have one more "all done" picture!  But, I'm very pleased and excited about my Mother's Day Makeover!

9 comments:

melanie said...

so cute! I love the yellow it looks so fresh and cheery
The bottles look great and I love decorative lemons

Jill said...

Yellow is my fave color. . .I LOVE the new look! :)

Arthur Family said...

I'm not a light color person but that looks really good. It is so cheerful! Way to go, Tracey!

Jaime Mac said...

I like the color & it DOES make your colored jars pop up against them! I LOVE that rug too! Great job! Can't wait to see what you pick for the windows!

ginmommy said...

Looks great!!! Love yellow.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

WOW!! That looks great!!! :) I LOVE yellow!

Jami said...

Love it!!!! Maybe by next mothers day I can do mine :)

Kerry said...

I love it!! It was really nice before too but the yellow brightens it up a lot :)
I completely understand the need for cute stuff so you go right ahead! Lol

Brittany said...

WOW!!! It is beautiful - I love the color!!! perfect!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS