Monday, February 20, 2012

a weekend of togetherness

Well, hello there. Yep, a big ol' pic of me. :-) Just trying some different stuff with my hair. I've worn it the same way for, oh, 86 years now, so I thought I would try flipping it out on the ends. {You can't see it that well because of my black shirt...} Yes, I am ghettofied.
Okay, so we had a big ol' honkin' weekend of NOTHING planned and let me just say, it was fabulous. Eric had a weekend of no studying and no playing Easy E. I was really excited and a little scared we would all get on each other's nerves! for some family time!!!

Saturday morning, Eric got up early and started building a fire pit! Woot! I'm excited about this because my kids L.O.V.E. roasting s'mores and playing out back. It gives us one more thing to do in the evenings. Yay!! While Daddy was building, we got in some seriously needed time playing outside!


Maggie was studying his every move...

After a fun afternoon of just playing together, it was time to build the first fire.

Oh, and, yes, we were dressed like it was snowing!! It was chilly outside. I guess not that chilly, though, because Levi kept telling me he was sweating! LOL

More playing...

And as the fire started to take off, it made this man verrrry happy!!!

And, eating my first s'more cooked in our back yard made this Momma verrrry happy!! :-)

{Sorta look like a bear eating after a long winter's hibernation...}

Sunday started out with church and then I cooked twice. I know, a rarity. I was milking it, too, for everything I could. We played some games and watched a movie and then at 6:40 pm, Levi said he was ready for bed. Wha???!!! I did hold him off until 7, but he was sooo tired. Guess that's what a little bit of fun will do for you! ;) After the kids were in bed, I spent {I am not kidding} over 3 hours on Pinterest. Oh my word. It is so horribly addictive. I love it!! I must throw in that Eric was watching something about tracking down Big Foot {YAWN}, so that's why I broke out the computer!! It was a great end to a really great weekend!


7 comments:

Brittany said...

Love laid back weekends:) those are the best!!!!!

And we will have to make some on the 10th:))))

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

That pic of you eating is hilarious! we are getting so spoiled by all these warm days!

Jami said...

I love weekends like that. I really like your hair flipped out too, looks super cute. We will have to trade off smores parties.

ginmommy said...

Brittany, that's what I said! We'll make smores on our girlie night!! Fun weekend! Your hair looks cute!!

Jill said...

Love your hair like that! And I love your smore pic, too! ;)

Jaime Mac said...

You crack me up! I LOVE that pic of Eric grinning ear to ear with the fire!

Fun weekend!!!

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

You have always had amazing hair.... it makes me very jealous :-)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS