Saturday morning, my mom watched the kids and I was able to help out with a local ministry called Scarlet Hope. It was created to offer HOPE and help bring women out of the adult entertainment industry. And, God is doing incredible things through some incredible women. Our ABF (adult Bible fellowship) class at church adopted a room in a home that was donated to Scarlet Hope. The home is due to open in March and will help to house women who desire to leave that industry are in need of a place to stay until they get back on their feet. Several people from our class put furniture together and decorated our room on Saturday. (Jaime, I thought of you when I saw the purple!!!) 

Then there was this little game last night called the Super Bowl. I, of course, was rooting for my BF's brother and his team...the Giants! It helped that the other team was a huge rival. Patriots. Ironically, my BFF was rooting for the Pats. Gag. ;) Love you! Since the SB was played in Indy, I really wanted one Manning to win! :))))) And, win they did. Steve and Jami invited us over for dinner and the first part of the game. Love how Jami was sporting her Colts gear. ;)
We had yummy lasagna, salad & garlic bread. And homemade brownies by Jami. Such a fun night!! I stayed up way too late and this morning I feel like I've been hit by a mac truck. It's not pretty, people. Back to the grind. ;) Happy Monday.




7 comments:
I look like I've been hit by a mac truck! The bags under my eyes are RIDICULOUS! Sounds like a fun time though! :)
I don't know how to play euchre...at all!
Love the room & great thing you're doing. (love how you put it so delicately!)
I don't care about the Super Bowl. :(. But I'm glad for you & sad for Gretchen. (I'm Switzerland... I saw your tift on fb! Loved it!)
Super bowl party are fun even I I didn't watch Much;) you guys look too cute in ur last picture!!
Look at my long haired beautiful friends! I miss you girls! And I agree with Jaime, I like how delicately you put about the ministry :) Oh, and you're evil, saying those things about the pats.
I'm totally laughing at loud, those were so not homemade! I was joking!!!!
We have been hearing about Scarlet Hope at our church, sounds like an amazing ministry.
Ahhh Euchre. I haven't played since High School! Miss those times. I was rooting for the Giants too....had to have a Manning win in Indy.
Aww, I remember playing euchre back in the CSF days! Love the room you guys helped with. That is such a great ministry.
Post a Comment