Thursday, February 9, 2012

trip to the li-bary

I love the way my kids pronounce certain words!! Bisketti {spaghetti}, constructions {instructions}, libary....well, you get the idea! So sweet. :))))

Yesterday was our first trip to the library. I honestly don't know why I haven't taken them before now. I have intended to, it just never happened. Sometimes I think my mind blocks things on purpose....but that is for another post! Ha!


Levi got his own library card, which he puffed up at, and they even had him sign it. So cute!!


Maggie went straight for the baby board books and found about 40 that she wanted to take home. Oy. We settled on one. ;)Levi picked out two Clifford books and then was so sweet to play with Maggie and help her with several puzzles. I love those kids!!!! And, you know, because it is ME, there has to be a funny twist to my story! So, we pull up to the library and it is packed. I mean, I know it can be busy, but I'm talking PACKED. Weird. I unload the kids after I have threatened their lives to be quiet and remind them that we use a soft voice {as if Maggie has a "soft" level} once we get inside. As we get close to the building, I notice a group of picketers. Weird #2. And a little old lady yelling at the picketers. Weird {but exciting} #3. As we pass, Levi says, "Mom, why is that old lady yelling?" I act like I don't hear him. Great Mom, huh?!! We get inside and I see a big sign welcoming Mitch Daniels to speak at 4:30. Oh my word! There are cameras, reporters, and lots of people in suits with those special looking ear pieces like the CIA use {or at least they do on tv...}! The little old lady follows us inside and is sharing her "words of wisdom" with us. Weird #4. I just smiled at her, tried to be kind, but all I could focus on was my son holding himself because he "had to goooo" and my daughter squealing in delight because there were "stairs Momma!". I kind of side sweep the old lady, take Levi to the bathroom so he doesn't wet himself on camera, and scoop Maggie up so she doesn't kill herself on the stairs. All in all, it was a wonderful first trip and the kids were little angels! So proud of them. :))))


9 comments:

Arthur Family said...

Ok, how did you get into the Jeff Library? They cancelled our cards once we moved into Charlestown. Jealous! Funny story! Only you...:)

Jami said...

Is that the Jeff library? Never been, we always go to Sellersburg or Charlestown. After almost two years of library programs, Cameron is way too "loud" to go in there.

ginmommy said...

My man Mitch.....!!!

Brittany said...

fuuuunnnnnyyyyyy!!

Jaime Mac said...

I love your stories! And I'm glad Maggie wanted sooo many books! Reading is knowledge, ya know?!

April said...

That is a very funny story! I love the li-bary. We haven't been in a while because I owe a few fines. I view the fines as my way of supporting the library. :)

Arthur Family said...

I have a funny story about Mitch Daniels...my mom went on a date with him in high school. Weird!

Jami said...

My Man Mitch!!! That is awesome!! We got married in 2004, big election year. I remember getting a knock on the door of our apartment, it was a "my man Mitch" supporter.

Jill said...

Haha! When I saw your post it made me think of a teacher that I used to work with that seriously called it the li-bary. Every time we would have staff meetings in the library she would get on the intercom and call it that. We would all die laughing.

That is crazy about the protest. :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS