Eric had to DJ Saturday night for a wedding, so my sister and our friend, Lisa, and their wild kids came over. Let me tell you about Lisa...she is crazy. Seriously. I have told her on many occasions that she needs to become a writer for Days of Our Lives. She always keeps us entertained with stories about her crazy life!! Saturday night, we were in stitches! We don't see each other that often, but when we do, you can be assured there will be LAUGHTER! Oh, and she likes to act like she can cook, but don't let her fool you. It's all fake. ;)
Monday, February 27, 2012
maple syrup, kids gone wild, & downton abbey
Saturday morning, we got up and headed out to the Maple Syrup Festival. We haven't been in a few years because it is usually sooo cold. Eric was excited to tell Levi all about the process of tapping the trees. (Yawn!) Long story short: Local family started tapping trees to gather sap to make maple syrup somewhere around 1989 (Eric worked there the first year they did it...kind of cool!) and now it has turned into this big festival where they show you how everything is done AND you get a pancake breakfast! YUM. They have tons of stuff for the kiddos to do!!
Look at this sweet couple! I hear they are really great! ;)
We thought it was going to be a little warmer out, so I was not thrilled to see snow flakes! Oy. We spent a lot of time in the indoor tree house and let the kids color and play.



And eventually we ventured outside and fed the goats some food. At least, I think they were goats... those are goats, right?? With the little horns...yes, I'm sure they were goats! Whatever they were, Maggie hated them and kept screaming "he'll get you" really loud. Awesome.
Eric had to DJ Saturday night for a wedding, so my sister and our friend, Lisa, and their wild kids came over. Let me tell you about Lisa...she is crazy. Seriously. I have told her on many occasions that she needs to become a writer for Days of Our Lives. She always keeps us entertained with stories about her crazy life!! Saturday night, we were in stitches! We don't see each other that often, but when we do, you can be assured there will be LAUGHTER! Oh, and she likes to act like she can cook, but don't let her fool you. It's all fake. ;)
And, lastly, I will share about my new love. Downton Abbey. Oh my word, I'm crazy about it! I kept hearing from a few people at church that I needed to watch this show on PBS. If you like Sense & Sensibility or Pride & Prejudice...or any of that kind of stuff, you will love this show! I started the first season last week on Netflix and found out yesterday that you can still watch season two online until March 6th!!! (Before I sound like a tv super junkie, I will say there are only 7 episodes in each season!!) Try it, you may like it!! :-)
![]()
Eric had to DJ Saturday night for a wedding, so my sister and our friend, Lisa, and their wild kids came over. Let me tell you about Lisa...she is crazy. Seriously. I have told her on many occasions that she needs to become a writer for Days of Our Lives. She always keeps us entertained with stories about her crazy life!! Saturday night, we were in stitches! We don't see each other that often, but when we do, you can be assured there will be LAUGHTER! Oh, and she likes to act like she can cook, but don't let her fool you. It's all fake. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
I have heard about Downtown Abbey but haven't checked it out yet. And the Syrup festival looks like fun.
Ahhh, The Maple Syrup Festival. Tear! Makes me think of you playing the flute ;) Oh yes, Lisa is a NUT!
I was dragged to the Maple Syrup festival one year by my mother. BORING, COLD & BORING.
Maple syrup festival = death.
that is all...
Awww.... I remember the maple syrup festival. How
Fun!
I've wanted to check this out for several years and something comes up every single year! sigh.....
Post a Comment