Wednesday, February 8, 2012

i'm not sure how i feel...

I love to read. A lot. I love the really good books where they capture your mind and for a little while you are taken away...to a different time period, a different culture, a different lifestyle. For a long time, most of what I read were fictional Christian books about the Amish. Sounds boring, right?!! Ha! Actually, they are quite good. My friend, Janna, got me hooked on one and then I couldn't get enough! Then, after years of fighting it, I found Edward, and never looked back. ;)

My Mom and Jenny have both recently read The Hunger Games. And, can I throw my brother under the bus? I guess I just did. He read them too. My sister has started them. Oh, the pressure! They kept telling me to read them. Everyone is doing it. You'll love them. When we saw a movie a couple of weeks ago, they showed the preview for The Hunger Games and I told Jenny I just didn't know if it looked good...futuristic, fighting, weird stuff. She said, "You're such a girl!!" LOL. I guess that is true! So, I've taken the plunge. I started them last week and I am about 80% through the 3rd and last book. I honestly am not sure how I feel about them. I don't LOVE them, but they are interesting and it is like I have to finish them to know what happens.

Feel free to share your thoughts. Have you read them? Are you going to? If you have, what did you think about them??? Dying to know...

7 comments:

Jaime Mac said...

I haven't read any of them. But I'm like you, I like what I like...but when SO many people SWEAR by something, I have to try it too!
But based on your review, I don't know if I'll try The Hunger Games?

April said...

I have not read them but would like to because, like you, would like to know why everyone loves it.

Brittany said...

I love to read, but haven't read for pleasure in a long time. My SIL and I are starting a new book and holding each other accountable. I'm hoping that works:))))

Did you read the Twilight series?
I didn't (haven't even seen the movies!) just wondering?!

Tracey said...

Brittany, I saw the new book you are starting. Let me know how it is!! :)

And, yes, I read the Twilight series...read the first 3 books in one week while on vacation! Good series!

ginmommy said...

Yeah, just from what you said about it, it doesn't appeal to me. And if after reading them your result is, "i'm not sure how I feel..." eh, I'll pass ;-)

Jill said...

I was just talking about these books with friends the other night. I know so many people that love the books, but don't they eat each other?! Not sure about that. . .although I Twilight. . .:)

Arthur Family said...

I haven't read them yet, either. Not sure if I would like them.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS