Tonight was an unexpected, but much welcomed surprise! Eric got to be home with us!! YAY! I seriously have come to treasure our family nights together. The sad news is that there was a bus wreck (everyone is okay!!!), so Eric had to be at the scene of the accident. Because of this, he missed a test at school. I'm grateful that his prof is nice and is allowing him to take it Monday. So, we had some fun family time. We met my parents for dinner and then headed to.....{drum roll please...} get Levi a new bike!!! A big thanks to my wonderful sis-in-law who texted and asked if we were interested in a hand-me-down bike from a friend of hers who had two. Levi was thrilled! We let him take a practice ride when we got home. Oh, this is where snub nose comes in. Eric had to fix the handlebars for Levi. So, he says, "Tra, hand me a snub nose Phillips." Whaaa? I just stared at him. Sorry, but that means nothing to me. If he would have said "hand me the Coach clutch" or "give me the silver hoop earrings", then we would have been in business. "Um, what?", I replied. "Seriously, Tracey, a Phillips, a stubby." Again, a blank stare. "Is that the cross one or the straight line?" Ok, I honestly cannot remember which one is a Phillips and which one is...whatever the other one is called. Yes, I am a screw driver loser. Come to find out, a snub nose Phillips (in case you are ever in the same predicament) is a short Phillips screw driver. So, needless to say, Levi loves his new bike, the kids were in Heaven that Daddy was here and I get to spend the evening watching Top Shot, Pawn Shop and One Man Army. Yawn. But, I will take it if I get to spend time vegging with my main squeeze! ;)
![]()
7 comments:
That's funny! I have never heard of that either! {Not that I have any great knowledge of tools, but still.} :)
I've never heard of it either!! I'm with ya on the coach clutch or the silver hoops though!! :)
HAHA about Coach purses & silver hoop earrings! Hilarious!
BTW-since I'm a farmer & all...I know which one is Phillips & which is a flathead. I remember it bc the flathead has...well...a flat head. I did NOT know about the stubby phillips thing though...
Like the new layout!! I'm cracking up at the t.v. shows you have to watch! And I feel the pain of it too ;)
I got you Eric. I knew EXACTLY what he meant. And this is why Jill is not allowed in my tools in the garage!!!! LOL
Let's not talk about the t.v. shows....something tells me he has watched the bachelor(ette) or a vampire movie just for you!!! :)
I have to say that I have never heard of a snub nosed screw driver. Glad you all got some family time! Treasure it!
Never heard of it either. Of course I usually ignore home projects until Steve notices them. You make me laugh with the Coach and earings reference.
Post a Comment