Saturday, August 27, 2011

friday night

Yes, people, I got to go out. I mean like -take a shower-fix my hair-put makeup on-wear clothes other than sweat pants- out!! {Watching kids from 7:30 to 5:30 doesn't allow me much time to get dolled up and go anywhere!!} My niece came over and took the kids to Sellersburg Celebrates for us and all of a sudden, the house was completely quiet. Eric and I just kind of stared at each other because our house is NEVER quiet! We left for dinner and met our friends Matt & Melanie. I MISS THEM!! BK (before kids), we used to hang with them all.the.time. During the week, we'd take turns picking up dinner and head to each others houses and veg and watch tv. Or we'd meet up really late on the weekends and do dessert and watch (horrible!) movies that Matt would pick out. Yawn. ;) Kids do change those times, but it makes the little time you do spend together that much sweeter!!

We met at a steak place and saw several couples that were a blast from the past!! {I have to give a shout out to our old neighbor, Jennifer, and her hubby Dave!! Guys, it was SO good to see you! Jennifer told me she reads the blog - I had no clue!! So, I'm glad she can keep in touch with us. :-)} Dinner was really good (minus the waiter forgetting to put Matt's order in. Boo. So, we had to wait for a while!) and we had fun talking about all our Gatlinburg trips! We've gone to Gatlinburg each year since we've been married up until two years ago. Due to babies and money we just haven't been able to go. BUT....drumroll please....we've declaired 2012 the year of the comeback. We will be going back and hitting all our little local faves!!! Woot!!

After dinner, we headed to a new frozen yogurt joint. It is called Sweet & Swirley and it was really cute!! Melanie (and child...she is expecting baby #3 in Dec!) and me.
Matt & Eric...when these two get together, it is serious trouble!!


So, here's the deal...you pick your yogurt flavor and then top it with ANYTHING you want! They had the normal sprinkles, oreos, m&ms, fruit and then they had some off the wall stuff like trail mix, trix, mike & ikes, captain crunch, raisins...eww! Here is Eric filling his cup with fun stuff :)


And Matt's bowl full of gross stuff: gummy bears, fruit, granola, coconut...looks like a science project gone bad.


Such a fun night hanging with our friends! I love coming home after good food & good convo to our sleeping kids....so sweet!



2 comments:

Jami said...

Sounds Fun! YEA for date night. I have been wanting to try that place out, looks good.

ginmommy said...

I miss Matt and Melanie.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS