Ok, so, yes, I was having a mini heart attack last night before bed. My baby boy was heading off to Kindergarten. The thought of him leaving at 7:10 am and not hearing anything from him until 3:15 pm did not settle well with me!!! We had a pretty rough "night before Kindergarten"! Levi had a bike wreck. He scraped up his arm and thumb pretty bad. As I was doctoring him up, he started to get really pale and his body was shaking. I took him home and laid him on the couch. I don't know if the blood was making him queasy or if he was having a sugar low. I gave him apple juice and it seemed to perk him up a little. I had to be careful and watch what I said because if I mentioned going to school, he would start crying. :( That made me so sad. Levi is so shy and the unknown just really bothers him!! BUT, we got a great surprise and DADDY came home from class early and made everything all better!
This morning, everyone woke up happy and ready for a fresh start!! Here is my little boy all ready for the bus!
Levi with his friends Reece and Hillary
The funny thing was there were more adults at the bus stop than kids! And we all had our cameras and cell phones out snapping pictures!!! Love it!
YIKES....hello Morning Glory! ;) Rough pic of me, but had to get one with my little buddy.
Eric and his Mini Me ;) Love these two boys!!!!!
The bus was here!!!! Levi turned around and waved and was gone.
I LOVE this because it looks like Eric is going full force to make sure everything is okay and give someone his two cents!!! ;) Love you, Babe!
The best part of my day was when Levi got off the bus and had the biggest smile on his face. I thought it would be hard to get details out of him, but he chatted a mile a minute about all the fun things they did at school. He had a fantastic day!!! My heart was soooo happy!
I LOVE this because it looks like Eric is going full force to make sure everything is okay and give someone his two cents!!! ;) Love you, Babe!
The best part of my day was when Levi got off the bus and had the biggest smile on his face. I thought it would be hard to get details out of him, but he chatted a mile a minute about all the fun things they did at school. He had a fantastic day!!! My heart was soooo happy!
And, you know, since this is my blog, I have to tell a funny story!!! As I was going through Levi's back pack, I pulled out his lunch box. Being a good mommy, I took inventory of what he ate and didn't eat. I sent a granola bar, cheese stick and fruit snacks for his morning snack. He ate the cheese stick and fruit snacks. Good boy! I sent yogurt, apple slices and a pb&j for lunch. He ate....wait....all those things were still in his lunch box.
Me: Levi, your pb&j is still in here.
Levi: Yep, I didn't want it.
Me: Aren't you hungry?
Levi: No.
Me: What did you eat for lunch?
Levi: Pizza, peas and a cookie.
Me: WHAT?????
Levi: Yeah, I raised my hand that I wanted pizza instead.
Oy. That little stinker!!! We had a nice little talk about how you don't buy your lunch when Mommy packs your lunch for you. ;) He's a hoot!!!
So, tonight, Levi prayed "Thank you Jesus that I had a good day at Kindergarten." My heart melted. Thank you, Jesus!!!




7 comments:
Glad he had a great day! That picture of you and him is cute! Love the lunch story! Kenzie did that last year in pre-k!!
YES, thank you Jesus!!! Yeah for a great day!!!! :)
You are making me sad! I am going to be in complete denial these next two years. So happy he had a great day. And how sad is the bike wreck story. Love the pictures of all the adults at the bus stop, glad he has good friends he can ride the bus with. Good Job Mom, you did good!
Yea for Levi, and yea for you, mom! Sounds like it all went great! So sad about his bike, but so glad it all worked out and he came with smiles!
I am so glad he had a great first day! My kids go back tomorrow, I hope their day goes as well as his. You guys are going to have a great first year of school. :)
Yea!!! So glad that everything went smoothly. I know what a worry it is, and to know he's happy to go makes ALL the difference in the world! Oh, and love the pic of Eric going up to the bus! Too funny ;)
Way to go, Mom... & Levi too! I understand you being apprenhensive for him bc he's shy. But looks like he made it just fine!
This post was funny, yet sweet at the same time! ;) Love the pics of all the parents with their cameras! Fun stuff!
Sorry, but I'd pick pizza over pb&j too! Good choice, Levi!
Post a Comment