Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Kids make a bad day good!

You know your day isn't going to go so smoothly when you get to work and they make an announcement like this: "Excuse me, staff, but there has been a water main break and our building is out of water. Please do not use the restrooms until further notice." All of a sudden, you realize you really have to potty! Then, everyone around you is talking about how they have to potty, too and your urge becomes stronger and stronger. You sit there crossing your legs and try to ignore the thoughts of the bottled water you drank on the way to work and the hot chocolate you are almost done with. Another announcement: "Excuse me again, staff, there is bottled water available in the break room for anyone who would like some." Bottled water - that's wonderful WHEN YOU HAVE A TOILET TO USE!! It seems like days have gone by, but it has only been 30 minutes. Another announcement: "Excuse me, staff. Maintenance has brought us buckets of water. You may use the restrooms on the first floor and flush with a bucket of water afterwards." Gross. Luckily the water main break was fixed quickly and the toilets were restored. Hallelujah.
Several days ago, I started having some pretty severe tooth pain. My mother-in-law came over to look at it on Saturday. (She worked at a dental office for years.) She said I had chipped my tooth. Ouch! She called the dental office for me on Monday and got me an appointment at 1:00 today. Dr. Todd told me I had indeed chipped my tooth AND the one next to it had a cavity starting. Great! So, he could fix both of them in one sitting. He numbed the left side of my mouth and got to work. A short time later, I was on my way back to the office and felt like I was drunk. I tried calling making several calls en route and had to promise people that I hadn't been drinking! As I sit here tonight, my mouth feels great. :)
I'll leave you with a cute little thought. Tonight, Levi was "helping" me fold laundry. While I was folding, he would jump up and down on the bed singing "Deep and Wide" at the top of his lungs. How cute is that?

3 comments:

ginmommy said...

So funny about "use a bucket of water to flush the water"

melanie said...

I bet hot chocolate is your regular morning ritual, like coffee for others.:)

Hers and His said...

Aahaha that's hilarious! I know what you mean about the urge to pee becoming stronger and stronger---Chris had me laughing so hard last night at the Family Christian Store that I literally almost peed my pants. I had to wait until we got to Target to go. The closer we got to the toilets, the more I had to pee!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS