Thursday, December 18, 2008

The black phone...

For all you football fans out there.....
I love professional football. The Colts (when the defense and offense both show up at the same game) are amazing to watch. I have always enjoyed football but really became fascinated with the game when my friend, Bucky, got Eric and me tickets to a Colts/Steelers game for Christmas one year. I was pregnant with Levi. Sitting there in the RCA dome watching "Peyton & Company" LIVE in action was pretty much amazing. I think that was one of my favorite nights ever! Thanks, Bucky!!
Back to football: Do you ever wonder what the QB is really talking about on the little black phone? I mean, sure, they say he is talking to the guys upstairs about the other team's defense, but here's what I think happens...
Ring Ring
Upstairs: "Yeah, Peyton?"
Peyton: "Seriously, it's hot in here. Can you guys do something about that?"
Upstairs: "Sure Peyton...get right on that."
Peyton: "Also, the water pressure in the showers seemed a little off today."
Upstairs: "Water pressure...check...got it."
Peyton: "Thanks, guys, you all are great."
Upstairs: "No, Peyton, thank you. Anything else?"
Peyton: "Yeah, after the game, I'd like a steak...medium well. And maybe a nice cold diet coke."
Upstairs: "You got it!"
Any other thoughts out there??

3 comments:

ginmommy said...

You are such a dork ;) First of all I never knew Bucky bought you guys tickets, that's awesome! Secondly, I think he's probably saying "hey guys, hurry up and get my Tracey on the phone, i miss her and need to hear her voice, that will help me pull through this game" TEE HEE.

Jami said...

You're awesome! I always say why do you need a coach when you got Peyton? Do you really think someone else is telling hime what plays to call? I think he can take care of it on his own. What about last night, he lit it up!!

Jenny said...

Peyton: Hey, see that blond in the first row wearing the Manning jersey?
Booth: Yep.
Peyton: My room, 12 minutes after the game.
Booth: Want her friends too?
Peyton: Sure, why not. Hey, while I have you on here, do these pants make my but look big?
Booth: No Peyton, you look great.
Peyton: Thanks guys. This next pass it for you.

Travis

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS