Thursday, December 11, 2008

Bad mom...

Earlier this week, I took Levi to the doctor. He wasn't really acting sick during the day, but he wasn't sleeping at night. He would wake up once an hour crying. Usually this means he has an ear infection. My child doesn't get the normal symptoms when he is sick - fever, loss of appetite, fussy, pulling at his ears - instead, he doesn't sleep. I don't know about the other parents out there, but I have this little argument with myself in my head. "He's sick" "No, he's not...it's a cold" "I think he just pulled on his ear" "You're an idiot...he has a cold" blah blah blah. After a sleepless night, I called the doctor. On the way to the office, I continued arguing with myself thinking the doctor would tell me I'm crazy and a paranoid mom! Instead, her exact words were "Wow, he's a pretty sick little guy!" Levi had a double ear infection, sinus infection, pink eye and she said his throat was red and irritated. So, no I wasn't a paranoid mom, I was a bad one for not taking him in sooner! LOL! We got him on a strong antibiotic and he seemed to perk up overnight. Now, here's where the "bad mom" comes in to play. I had choir tonight, so Levi was home with Daddy. I told Eric instructions about his medicine (that went in one ear and right back out the other!) His antibiotic is once a day and I already gave it to him this morning. I told Eric he just needed Ibuprofen and his eye drops. I left his antibiotic sitting out and Eric thought he needed it, too. OOPS! He got a double dose today! I immediately called my sister-in-law Jenny in a panic! She and my brother (both nurses) basically told me to chill and said he would be okay. Thanks, Jenny for always calmly talking me through things like this! ;)

Enough rambling. I wanted to post a couple of pictures that Eric took of Levi while packing this week. Who needs toys?





4 comments:

Jami said...

You're not a bad mom, blame that one on Eric.

Hers and His said...

Things like that happen all the time! You're not a bad mommy :)

By the way--I think I saw you at Meijer this weekend. I'm pretty sure it was Sunday evening?

ginmommy said...

I say that it should read...."Bad dad"

Hers and His said...

Ha! No-you weren't doing anything embarrassing or threatening your son! I would have said hello but you were far away. Plus, I looked like a wreck and I probably would have just scared you! Every time I leave the house looking crazy, I just pray that I don't see anyone I know. Those are the times that I run into everyone I could have possibly imagined.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS