When any holiday approaches, I start looking through old photos. Obviously, last weekend was a great time to look for photos of my dad. Most of the wedding photos I have are just in an album. :-( We weren't cool WAY back then to get a whole CD of pictures!
Just an FYI: It's never a good idea to start looking through old photos when you are PMSing. Ugh!
I believe that God truly blessed me in the dad department! My dad is a pretty incredible man.
On Saturday, Eric was in Lexington all day. When Levi woke up, he asked me if he could try and mow our grass. We don't have a huge yard, but it does take over an hour to push mow. He hasn't mowed the yard before, but I decided to let him try. I showed him how the mower works and he took to it right away. I walked the entire yard with him, but he mowed it himself. He could not have been more proud and couldn't wait to call Eric and tell him! I love his heart and how he wants to please his dad.
We got together with my grandpa that evening. It's hard to watch your grandparents get older and start fading in their health. I love this sweet picture of him and the great-grandkids.
Eric has a few nicknames. His first one was Rainman. Our college friends gave him that one because he could pretty much remember anything. Another one is Mayor because he knows anyone and everyone. He would do really well as a politician. Ha! ;-) And the most recent one is OMR - Old Man Reid. Sometimes, he is like a grouch old man and my brother proudly nicknamed him this on vacation several years ago. He's that old man that yells "Get off my grass!" to young children in the neighborhood. Okay, maybe that's exaggerating a little... or not! Travis brought him this sign on Sunday:
I don't think there could be any more love in the world (other than Jesus!) than this...
4 generations of Miller's
And, in true Travis fashion, he knows how to make a picture special.
These people with me are some of the funniest people I know. Seriously...funny. I love them.
I can't say enough how much I love my family! Especially these three.
Eric is the most incredible dad! There are times when we look at each other and think "what in the world did we do?" but we would not change a thing!
Happy father's day to all the dads out there, biological fathers and spiritual fathers. You are loved.




3 comments:
I agree - you & your family are some of the funniest people I know! :)
I love the Miller's. And the Reids.
Such good pictures! At least we got some of your dad smiling! :-)
Post a Comment