It has been a while since I've done my MM post. A long while. So, I think a progress report is due!
I'm pretty sure the last time I chimed in, my weight loss was at 19 pounds. Then Disney. Then the rest of Fall Break. Then Halloween candy. CURSES on that stupid Halloween candy.
Despite all the candy life happening, I'm proud to report that this morning, my loss is at 24 pounds! I'm still trudging away. I still have great days and not so great days, but I'm determined to KEEP MOVING.
The week after we got back from Disney, Eric and I started on this meal plan. My sister-in-law shared it with me. It seemed doable and I really don't mind it!
Meal 1:
- 6-8 egg whites
- 1/2 cup oatmeal (measured dry) - no milk (add cinnamon and honey to flavor)
- 1 cup fruit or 1 med banana
- 1 oz almonds
Meal 2:
- 4-6 oz chicken breast or fish
- 4 oz red skinned potatoes
- 1 cup green veggies
Meal 3:
- 4-6 oz chicken breast or fish
- 4 oz sweet potato
- 1 cup green veggies
Meal 4:
- 4-6 oz fish or ground turkey breast
- 4 oz sweet potato
- 1 cup green veggies
Meal 5:
- 4 oz ground turkey breast
- 1 cup strawberries, mixed berries or an apple
(**I still haven't needed meal 5 yet. Some days, I only do 3 meals, some days I do 4. Depends on the day and if I have been to the gym.)
There are some rules to follow along with it. Grill, bake or pan fry all your protein. Stay consistent, drink lots of water, limit salt...that kind of stuff. My favorite rule is "treat time"... 1 day per week, for 3 consecutive hours, you can cheat. So, I can plan ahead and cheat on a Friday night from 7-10, or on a Sunday when we eat out with my family. I have had a few days here and there where I haven't stuck to this, but for the most part, I'm staying with the plan and, ahem, liking it!
My biggest obstacle was the oatmeal. I'm a super picky eater and have never eaten oatmeal. Ever. But, I thought, if my brother could do it, then I could too! He is W.A.Y. pickier than me! Since we started this, Eric and I have almost gone through a whole large container of oats. Yesterday, we picked this up from Sam's Club.
Yes, my friends...that is 10 POUNDS of oats. Oh sweet Jesus. And, it's not the brown sugar and maple kind. Or cinnamon roll. Or any other of the numerous flavored oatmeal they have out there. It's plain ol' simple oats. Gag.
My favorite way {and the only way I can manage to get down a whole bowl of oatmeal} is to dice up an apple and add some cinnamon and a teaspoon of sugar.
I actually kind of crave it now. SO WEIRD.
I'm eating a lot of things that look like this...more good-for-you stuff and less carbs. Hard to get used to!
I'm happy with my progress! It's slow, but steady. I still enjoy special things I want to enjoy, but am getting used to a "cleaner" eating style. And, the best part is that people are starting to notice. The last two weeks at church, several people asked me if I was losing weight. THAT makes me happy. :-)
Gotta keep at it with the holidays quickly approaching because the other option is to give up and gain it all back and THAT'S NOT HAPPENING!!!! Happy Monday!





6 comments:
Great job, T!
I'm not a huge fan of oatmeal but yours looks pretty darn good.
Congrats! That is great progress! :)
CONGRATULATIONS!! That's amazing! I'm so proud of you.
YEAH - so happy for you :-)
You are doing so awesome!
Awesome!! Awesome!! Awesome!!! LOVE to read these!!!
Post a Comment