Tuesday, November 12, 2013

a day with some of my favorite people

 Levi has been begging me to come eat lunch with him at school.  If you've never had the privilege of eating with three 7 year old boys before, let me enlighten you.  Here's a highlight from our engrossing conversation:

Boy 1: I have a dog.  It poops in the back yard.  I've stepped in the poop before!

Levi: Mom, I want a dog!

Boy 2: I have a dog.  It pees on our carpet.

Levi: Moooom, when can we get a dog?

Boy 1: I have a hole in my pants.  My dog bit my leg.

Levi: Mom, can we get a dog for Christmas?

Boy 2: Have you ever eaten poop?

Boys in unison: Ewwwww!  Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....


I have to admit, I loved every minute of eating with Levi at school!  It is precious seeing him interact with other kids.  Even when they talk about poop.  (Eye roll)  I drug invited my mom to go along with us.  She didn't bat an eye at their choice of conversation.  I guess that comes with years of experience teaching first graders! Ha! :)


Such a fun morning!  I want to freeze my kids at these ages!!

The day only got better...I got to spend some time with these beauties --


Gretchen came in for a quick visit over the weekend, so I forced her to go to dinner for an early birthday celebration!  I had to twist her arm pretty hard when I mentioned Kansai.  ;)  I'm so, so thankful that Jami and Melanie were able to join, too!  Girl time was perfect and just what I needed.  {Disclaimer: that bottom picture was our dessert.  I meant to snap a pic before we ate it, but our instincts took over and the Monster Cookie never stood a chance...}  My friends are such a blessing to me!  I don't know why God chose to bless me with such a wonderful family and with the best friends on the planet, but HE DID.  Even though we don't get to spend a lot of time together, the time we are able to sit back and chat is perfect, quality time!  I love every minute of it.  Love those girls to the moon and back!

2 comments:

Jami said...

So glad we all got to hang out for a while. Such a fun night.

ginmommy said...

I had a ton o' fun! :-)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS