I don't know how many times I've heard my mom say, "That's exactly how you were as a child."! And, she seems to say it with a smirk. ;) She is referring to Levi and his anxiety doing anything new. Poor kid. He is just like me!
There was a little drama the night before school started. He was still begging me to home-school him. He wanted to "take the first day off". Ha!
However, once we got to the bus stop and he saw his friends, he seemed like his old self.
Maggie wanted us to wake her up so she could kiss him goodbye. Adorable. She told him "Happy Fadder's Day, Bubby" (yes, she still randomly wishes us all a Happy Father's Day), gave him a kiss and hug, and we watched for the big yellow bus!
I wanted to holler at Amy, our bus driver, and tell her to be careful, drive slowly, watch for deer, but I politely waved at her as she closed the doors. It would be eight hours and ten minutes until I could fully relax again. ;)
And, like clockwork, exactly eight hours and ten minutes later, I had one HAPPY little boy on my hands!
One of his best friends from last year was in his class and they even ate lunch together. Presh! He came in 4th running around the big track during P.E. His teacher is "so nice and has black hair". He ate all his lunch and loved his Kool Aid drink. He was so happy I made him brownies! Oh, and he had one request: Family movie night (watch Toy Story 2) and no one bring their cell phones downstairs.
So, as soon as we ate dinner, we went downstairs, watched Toy Story 2 and didn't let the kids see that we had our cell phones in our pockets. You know...just in case. ;) GREAT first day.




4 comments:
I find it funny that parents have so much anxiety about their kids being at school. Don't get me wrong - I GET why...just find it amusing! (Mom said she cried & cried my first day of Kindergarten? WHA?) Lots to be nervous about (will they behave, will they use their manners, will they rat us out for words we use at home?), but I'm glad kiddo AND mommy did great!
So glad he had a good day. I know it's hard when they have anxiety over it. And Maggie outside looking like she is freezing to death, presh!
ahhh - I LOL'd at the cell phones... you sneaky people. Glad it went well for him!
No cell phones. That's funny!! So glad he had a good first day!!!
Post a Comment