I seriously have had the best weekend so far! I love being a SAHM - honest! But, by Friday, my brain is fried. I remember working when Levi was little and on Friday, it was like the Heavens had opened wide and I could hear the Hallelujah Chorus playing in the background of my day. It is no different being home. Fridays are gloriously welcomed!
We took the kids to Studio Pizza last night. Friday is DISCO night! One of our friends owns this fabulous pizza joint and he told us to bring the kids out to dance and sing. It was SO MUCH FUN! They open the middle of the restaurant up and make a dance floor. {Anywhere we can go eat and you don't have to tell the kids to calm down and be quiet is a bonus in my book!}
Today, my Indianapolis family came in town. I haven't seen my cousin in a long time, so we were all looking forward to chillaxing with them! Robin (she is named after my mom) started a group text telling us they were on their way. Then, because we are awesome and cool like the Brady Bunch, we started texting pictures of ourselves. It got a little out of hand. ;-)
They finally arrived and the boys were ecstatic to see each other!
My parents fixed a huge spread and it was GAME ON...sit, eat and chat as long as you can before the kids wear you out by asking "can we go swimming" a thousand times!
Outdoors...the old fogey table...
We had a few uncooperative souls, but I won't name any names... ;-)
I asked Travis to get a picture of us gals before we had to leave. And in his true TRAVIS form, because he is twelve and can't have any responsibility AT ALL...
Finally, a decent shot.
So, we let him be included in one. :-)
My mom and aunt - adorable in their hats!
And, in special news for Maggie: Papa got a new battery for the little tractor!
She was ALL about it today!
One more thing to top off my great day -- Gretchen is in town for her 20 year class reunion and stopped by to visit and get ready at my house.
Photo below courtesy of Maggie ;-)
Great day indeed.




3 comments:
Hi Tracey, that is so awesome that your weekend is going great so far!! It sure looks like a lot of fun, I bet it is nice to catch up with everyone too :)
Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend just as much!
Love your mom and aunt in their cute hats! I'm so glad you got to see me :-)
tra you can tell you have lost weight this summer. way to go!
Post a Comment