I've been working on this post for 4 days. I type, delete, type some more, try and change the wording, leave it alone for a few hours only to come back to it and it says the same thing. There is no way around it, so here is my Motivational Monday post in all its glory...
I've gained and I hate it. My last MM post was over a month ago. In fact, it was over five weeks ago! And, for over a month, I've been on a free fall. A lot of my old habits have kicked into gear and the scale is proof positive! I've still been exercising three to four days a week, but my eating...PEOPLE, I've been eating whatever I want, whenever I want. (Ladies,) you know those few days a month when you crave anything and everything and you will kill any human or animal who tries to get in your way of eating? That was me, only for FIVE WEEKS. Sigh.
I weighed this morning and I am up five pounds. No way around it. No softening it up. No making it look better. I opened MyFitnessPal on my phone and logged in my gain. THAT is a real kick in the rear. After logging, it told me something like "if you continue at this rate, you will be up 15 pounds in two weeks". Nice, right?!!
So, yesterday, I got back on track. I don't want to say I'm starting over, because I am still down 13.9 pounds - and that's awesome, too!! I haven't quit...just been a little side tracked!
And, isn't this true? When you watch what you eat for ONE day, you feel like you should be down 20 pounds!
I know this is a process. It just stinks!! I wish I could channel this feeling today and remember it any time I want to go on an eating binge.
I could go on and on about how life isn't fair, eating clean is hard, dieting is stupid, working out sucks, but it all boils down to one thing: you are what you eat. The scale doesn't lie and whatever you eat in private shows in public. Gasp! SO...that's all I've got today! I won't say "here's to starting over," but here's to getting re-energized!!! One day at a time!




7 comments:
Ok. Lots to say here. I'll only say one thing.....JUST GET BACK ON TRACK. Don't let this drag you down. Don't let this make you sad. Recognize it and MOVE ON in the right direction! We all have our ups and downs. I was up a couple pounds over the summer but I am back down now. The main thing is to do something about it before it's gets out of hand. Nows that time so do it!! It's August 12. Move forward from here. That's it!! Have a great, healthy day!!!! :) :)
UHM, this brought a tear to my eye. You've been doing SO well! Don't let the last 5 weeks define all your hard work! Alicia is right - get back on track!
You can do this! I can tell EVERY TIME you post a pic you have been losing weight! YOU CAN DO THIS.
I heart you...
Well, I've only been doing it for a month, and I'm ALREADY hitting a slump. I haven't cheated yet, but I've hit that first unbearable plateau, and it's killing me. This week, no weight loss. And you know that's a total mood-killer. I'll be praying that you get your mojo back!! I'm on your side!
I know this was hard for you to "put out there" but I swear there is power in doing it. NOW you will be motivated! The shame of gaining a few pounds is enough to make you want to eat more, BUT it's nothing to be ashamed of. We all gain, and then lose, and then gain, well I guess until we are either too old to care, or die. Ha! Get back on track girl, and YOU WILL GET THERE.
I can't tell you how many times I have been there. It sucks! I'm glad you did put it out there, like Gretchen said. The easy thing could have been to forget about it and hope we all would forget about the MM posts. I think joining a gym is a good idea, lots more options for classes. Also.. you did put it out there so you can expect us to look for more MM posts.
I love your brutal honesty, Tracey. Prayers for you to STAY STRONG!!!
every day is a new day :-)
Post a Comment