If you've been around my blog very long, you will know that I am not very dramatic. {You will also know when I am using extreme sarcasm.} When I say that I might die, I AM NOT KIDDING. For the first time in my married life, I belong to a gym. Yesterday, I put on my big girl panties and went by myself to my first class. It was a strength training class. Today, I had trouble getting dressed and I can barely sit on the toilet without crying.
I did this class years ago before I was married, so I knew what to expect. I went ultra light on the weights, but it didn't matter. My muscles hate me today. And, I'm going back tomorrow for more torture.
Oh, guess what else...
My sister-in-law challenged my sister and me to this lovely thing:
Yeah! As if joining a gym isn't torture enough, I'm doing a squat challenge. I did 50 last night, 55 this afternoon and by the end of the challenge, it says I will be doing 250. OMG.
SO, join us! I don't know if I'm supposed to mention this because it could ruin their manly reputations, but my brother and Eric are doing it with us. We just did day 1 yesterday, so jump in and do day 2 with us today! Let me know if you do, and I will send you a text daily to
If you see me around over the next few weeks and I'm crying, it's probably not an emotional thing. It's just because I am dying. ;-)





6 comments:
You are hilarious & I AM SO PROUD OF YOU! I REALLY wish I lived closer to people bc I need the CONSTANT encouragement & the feeling of being shamed if I don't do 'anything'. Keep up the good work & tweet at least once a day so I know you're not dead...yet...
Eric is doing the squat challenge? BOO, IS DOING SQUATS?
I think it's awesome you joined a gym. I think you will love the freedom and all the choices you have.
You are awesome for doing this and I wish you luck on your fitness journey. Please do a couple of hundred thousand squats for me too will you?
Lol! You are hilarious. Good luck with the challenge!!!
AWESOME!!! This is just awesome and I can't tell you how much I LOVE reading it!! :)
Post a Comment