Thanksgiving for us was really special this year. It was incredibly busy, but that is a good thing because it means that we have lots of family around us to share it with! We started our day off with a fun tradition...meeting Mamaw and Papaw at Cracker Barrel!
My in-laws are such laid back and giving people and they make no fuss or demands of our time. We decided years ago that meeting to go out and eat served our family perfectly and I absolutely love this tradition. My mother-in-law never, ever gets tired of visiting with her "sweet baby girl". Love this picture of them!Trying to get a good picture with my little boy these days is torture.
He chooses to be silly as much as he possibly can. Especially when a camera is pointed in his direction.
After a wonderful brunch, we headed to my Aunt Frances' house. People -- Aunt Frances' house is where it's at. Seriously, my kids love going to her house. I think Levi would live there if he could!
The reason that our holiday was extra special this year is because our Miller family from Texas came in to spend it with us and we could not have been happier! We did some fun things with them and I have more stories and pictures to share in another post, but I just wanted to share this picture for now.
{very back row: DJ, Travis, Danny, Daniel, John, Uncle Larry, Uncle Donald
second to back: my dad, me, Christi, Toni, Jenny, Tricia, my mom, Destiny, Jonathan, Stacey, Tabitha, Aunt Teresa
front row: Maggie, Eric, Max, Levi, Casey, Emmy, Granny, Bailey, Papa, Griffin, Aunt Frances (in front)}
This was the first time that all of us have been together as a family in over 20 years! A few of us flew to Dallas for my cousin's wedding 11 years ago, but not everyone was able to go. This right here is my "Thanks"giving. So thankful that we were all together, under one roof, laughing, sharing, reminiscing and loving. I will share more about our weekend soon!










4 comments:
That's so awesome you were all together! What a great Thanksgiving!
This may sounds crazy, but I didn't know CB is open on Thanksgiving. I mean, they definitely serve the food for it, but I guess I just figured most places are closed that day, so they would be, too!
Super sweet times. That's a big group of people. ;)
That's a lot of people! Glad they could all be here! :)
Post a Comment