When Levi came home from school Friday, he told us about a parade on Saturday that he wanted to go to. He mentioned it about 84 more times, so we finally caved in and made a plan to go. It was in Henryville, The Fireman's Parade, and the teachers were walking in the parade. So, I guess they talked it up pretty big at school. ;) The weather was GORGEOUS and it ended up being a great morning.
We got there a little early and Levi asked me a thousand times, "When is the parade gonna start?" Oh my stars. Maggie was just happy to have some cuddle time. :)
Oh, and the candy...it was awesome! The kids had a huge bag to take home. I guess the small town parades are the way to go!
Our sweet little friends Maddie & Kenzie met us there and they had a blast together!!
I'm so proud of our little community. They have done a great job at welcoming the kids back to school. I'm sure there were lots anxious little kids {and teachers!} last week, but everything has gone smoothly. The new school looks awesome and the town is lit up with Hornet Pride! :) Love it!









4 comments:
How fun! Let us know anytime they have things like that. Small towns are the way to to do it.
Sweet! There are def benefits to being part of a small town, and I guess parades are one of them.
That's awesome! I've been seeing it on TV. How neat!
Sorry to say the candy stash is not due to the small town. We went to Corydon's fourth of july parade and it was a ghost town... and the kids got maybe a handful of candy.
love the potty shot!!
Post a Comment