Friday, August 10, 2012

my checkbook secret

This week has been a whirlwind!  Levi LOVES school.  Loves it!  I'm so thankful.  He has been a little jabberbox telling me about every second of each day.  It just seems like he is growing up so fast.  I'm really trying to bottle all of this time with him. 

Eric got home from school early on Tuesday and took the kids to the local airport.  They had some old war planes in town on a tour and the kids loved it!  Levi has always been interested in flying so it makes me wonder if he will become a pilot. :)  But, he is also interested in how garbage trucks work...
I am getting working on getting used to a daily routine.  It has been nice.  Alright, you guys, I'm going to share a little "problem" I have.  I've been working on my issue.  Sigh...  Sometimes I dread working on the checkbook.  These are receipts that are waiting to be entered.    
I don't know what it is, but I'm so bad keeping track of all of that stuff.  I would rather just have an ongoing checking account that never runs dry!! ;)  I'm getting better, though.  Confession time:  I just started keeping track of the checkbook again in June.  I hadn't touched it since, ahem, last June.  LAST JUNE.  A year of no entering.  It drove Eric bonkers!  He would hand me a receipt and say, "I don't know why I am giving this to you.  It's not like you need it."  Ha!  Now, I would look online to make sure we had money, but I just never logged anything.  {I can hear my sister-n-law gasping for air! :)} So, let me see a show of hands...surely some of you out there have this problem, too.  Anyone?      

11 comments:

ginmommy said...

I WAS RIGHT!!! I knew that was your issue. And no, I don't do that. You cray cray.

Jami said...

I don't think anyone will be with you on this. I enter my recipets the moment I get home. I check my balance online about every third day. I have to know the exact amount I have at any given moment. We are on a strict budget though. It's my way of staying in control.

Jaime Mac said...

Oh my word. FIRST - I'm SO GLAD Levi is having fun back at his school. I also nearly snorted at your comment about him being interested in planes - maybe he'll be a pilot? but that he's interested in how the garbage trucks works too. HILARIOUS!!!!

UHM, LAST JUNE? No way, Jose. I may go a week (or two) before balancing my checkbook but never a year.
Can I just say you seriously crack me up!!!

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

{raises hand}

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

HAND UP! First of all, Daniel takes care of all things money! I am way too careless! He doesn't write anything down. I don't give him one receipt BUT he does check it EVERY SINGLE DAY! He's so anal about it! Our daily statement gets e-mailed to him. He has to keep a tight grip on me or I would be out of control! ha! At least I know!

Amanda Brady said...

I dont keep track of all mine either. Mine gets balanced every two weeks when I get paid. But I dont write everything down, I just write how much money I have when I get paid, pay the bills for that pay period and then nothing else usually gets entered. I know I know.

Jenny said...

If I am the sister-in-law that you are referring to...you would be so wrong! I haven't entered anything in the checkbook for probably 5 years. But I check the account online multiple times a day and use the dupicate checks to keep track of the checks we write!

Jenny said...

If I am the sister-in-law that you are referring to...you would be so wrong! I haven't entered anything in the checkbook for probably 5 years. But I check the account online multiple times a day and use the dupicate checks to keep track of the checks we write!

melanie said...

You are too funny! I am getting more anal about spending the older I get. Probably because of all the kids we have. ha. I balance my book every week...
However I may only go to the grocery twice a month... I hate Walmart

love the comment about the garbage truck...lol

Jill said...

This post is so me. We used to be good with receipts and after Dave lost his job awhile ago it all just fell by the wayside. {And I don't think that's really a bad thing.} I look at it online every few weeks. You are definitely not in the minority, girl! ;)

Kerry said...

So good to hear that your son loves school!! It makes it easier when the kids WANT to go :) Those old planes would of been fun to see!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS