Tuesday, April 24, 2012

grace based parenting

I'm not gonna lie...this has been a rough two days.  Maggie has been sick with a cold or allergies {as I am sure 3/4 of the kids in this area are! Ugh!} and she is a FUSS BUCKET!  Anyone who has talked to me on the phone can attest to this. ;)  She just whines, screams, cries, yells...I believe that pretty much covers it!  I've had to count backwards from 20 about 200 times.  But, I love my daughter.  Wouldn't trade her for anything....except maybe some more Diet Mountain Dew...

Friday night, my parents watched the kids and Eric and I went to a class at church.  It is the first time we have ever taken any kind of parenting class, because let's face it, we are perfect parents. ;)  The class is called PG, which stands for Parental Guidance.  It was incredible.  Pretty much just plain awesome!  The staff of our church offer this class every few months, with a different topic each time.  They do a short video, have a forum talk session and then we break up into groups and see how we can fix our broken children be better parents.  They HIGHLY suggested this book...
...which I am starting today.  Maggie and I were up playing most of the night, so I need extra help with my parenting skillz. ;)

In other news, I am still very sad that Colton was booted off American Idol.  :(  That is all.

4 comments:

Jami said...

Might have to look into that. Our parenting class at church was all about partnering. IT's so hard to keep our frustrations low when you don't get much sleep.

ginmommy said...

Maybe next time, you and Eric can teach the class...

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

Sounds neat! I would like something like that!

Jill said...

This is on my reading list. . .which just keeps growing and I never find time to do! Let me know how you liked it. I have heard from several moms I really respect that this is one of their fave books. . .I also heard it is pretty deep though, too.

I am so very sad Colton was voted off, too. I really have no desire to watch AI now. :(

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS