Saturday, Eric spent all day putting up Christmas lights outside...YEA!! I haven't taken pics yet of the inside or outside of the house. Will try and do that tomorrow! It feels so wonderful to be all decorated for Christmas. This is one of my favorite weeks of the year! I love Thanksgiving just as much as Christmas. In fact, the two holidays kind of run together for me. We have lots of family traditions over the next month. SO.FUN!!
On with my weekend...Saturday night was supposed to be some girl time at my sister's house. Jill, Lisa, Tricia & I try to get together fairly often to hang out. (We all grew up together!) THEN...my sis and her girls had to go and get the CHICKEN POX!!! Eeek! Yes, they all have them. Poor little family. :( So, plans changed and Jill, Lisa & I went to Cheddar's for dinner & the Pie Kitchen for dessert. It was really fun and just nice to sit and chat!! We haven't done that since right after I had Maggie. Time flies!
On to today. Our sermon was about being Thankful. I.loved.it. It was as if God was speaking directly to me. Be thankful in the little things. Be thankful at all times. I'm thankful for SO many things...my family, my friends, my church, all the little daily things that I tend to forget about...the list goes on. Most of all, I'm thankful for Jesus. I mean really...He died. For me. He died for you. Because of love. And that's all that really matters. All of these things in life that seem so important - they're not! It all comes down to Jesus.
I don't mean to preach...I just get happy about that. :)
So, as we head into the week of Thanksgiving, I'm planning on starting each morning by just being thankful! Good food! Time with family & friends! Shopping on Black Friday! ;)




2 comments:
Good post Tracey! Too bad you can't add the Colts beating the Patriots :(
Wonderful post. Brought tears to my eyes. Sometimes we get wrapped up in our own drama(!) & forget about everything we have to be thankful for.
Thanks for the reminder, Tracey! ;)
Post a Comment