Saturday, October 30, 2010

sickies

Tis the season, huh?!! I guess lots of sickies are going around. Mags has had a terrible cold that started to get better, but then got worse. :( Yesterday, Friday, she woke up from a nap screaming. Over an hour later, I still couldn't get her calmed down. Eric came home from work around 2:30 in the afternoon to help out. (At least Daddy couldn't get her calm either!) She finally slept about an hour, but then woke up crying again. This time, I called for reinforcement - GRAMMY!! I also called her doctor. OH MY WORD. I love our new pediatrician. Dr. Lane - she is wonderful. It was around 6pm by this time and she was at a Halloween party. She told me she'd be home in an hour and to bring Maggie to her house. She had a feeling it was an ear infection. Eric had taken Levi Trick or Treating at school, so my mom went with us to Dr. Lane's. Sure enough, little Maggers had an ear infection and sinus infection. Dr. Lane called the closest pharmacy, ordered her a prescription so I wouldn't have to wait, and then sent us on the way with well wishes. Seriously - I'm so thankful for a wonderful Christian doctor who cares so much about little ones. Oh, and on a side note...when her husband opened the door, he said "Tracey??" It was a friend of mine from college! What a small world. :)

Maggie seems a little better today and I'm hoping WAY better by tomorrow so that this little ballerina can go out and get Mommy some candy! ;)

3 comments:

Jill said...

Poor baby! Hope she feels better soon! You DO have a great doctor. I love Chris and Christy. They are both so awesome. They teach our parenting classes at church. Great, great people! :)

Arthur Family said...

Aww..poor little girl. That is miserable! Hallalujah for great pediatricians!

ginmommy said...

Poor Maggie May, and mommy!!! Glad she's doing better and even got in on some Trick or Treat action!!! Oh, and that's an awesome doctor!!! You don't hear of anything like that these days.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS