Tuesday, March 16, 2010

a little cousin time

Friday night, we had my brother's kids, Griffin & Emily, over to spend the night. Travis & Jenny headed to Gatlinburg for the weekend, and they've watched Levi for us before while we've gone, so I was happy to return the favor. This was our FIRST sleepover. Call me a wimp, the title sure fits!! Now, my sister kind of started it....she would keep ALL the grandkids overnight. Then, when Jenny chimed in once and kept all of them overnight, I started to feel the pressure boiling... OK, that's an exaggeration! So, we'll just stay this was a trial run to see how it went! I just had 3 of the 5 grandkids, so I think it went smooth!

The kids played their little hearts out until around 8 and I rang the "5 minutes till bed" timer!! Here they are having "quiet" time before bed...Yeah right!!
Griffin, Levi & Emmy
Got them all situated in Levi's bed and settled down by 8:30. They were passed out by 9:30. Didn't think that was too bad!!! :)

The next morning, Griffin wanted chocolate pancakes. Since I wasn't quite in the cooking mood, Uncle Eric loaded everyone up and we headed to McDonald's for hotcakes! YUM!!! (Look at those nice morning faces!! Did I mention it was 7 am???)
Guess what we did next??? (I know the excitement of the day is killing you!!) We headed to the Express Care oil change place and got our oil changed. Hilarious! The kids were like "What's this?" I know, I know...it's not the zoo or anything like that, but they did like watching the guys go under the van to change the oil. :)
We headed to the park so they could run off some energy. Now, THIS was something to be excited about!!!
Levi loves the fish pond!
Uncle Eric was making them sick on the merry-go-round...
Griffin aka little Travis
Emmy
The boys on the teeter totter
The kids headed to mom's around lunch time and I survived our first kid sleepover!! YEA!!
Let's see, other happenings of the weekend?? Got paint for Maggie's room. Starting to feel the crunch to get the nursery done! Yikes! I had my 32 week appointment yesterday. Everything looks good and I go back in two more weeks. Oh, I gained another pound. Not too bad!

I've been home the past two days with Levi. He has some type of virus or maybe the flu. They also put him on an antibiotic for a sinus infection. He's been pretty lethargic since Sunday night, but today, he woke up fever-free and seems better. He still isn't eating, but that will come. Oh, last night when I asked him if he wanted something to eat, he said "No thanks, I ate last week." So funny!
That's been my life since Friday. KIDS. Can I say I'm looking VERY forward to Bunco tonight and some ADULT GIRL time?!?!?! :) Just made a chocolate chip cheese ball and can't wait to eat it! OMG, sorry this turned into a novel!!


4 comments:

Jami said...

I like novels for blogs. Sounds like a busy weekend. BTW- we've gained the same amount of weight so far!

ginmommy said...

"Adult girl time" WHAT'S THAT??? Yee Haw, I'm looking forward to it too. Oh, and the three kid weekend, is just a glimpse into your future with the 3 children you shall have, ok?!?

Jenny said...

Thanks for taking such great care of them. They had a great time! At least you didn't traumatize them by cutting off the chocolate milk at 6.

melanie said...

You did great! and I agree with gretchen, it is preparing you for you near future. :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS