Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I have skillz

So, you can consider this my Weekend Update – any of you remember the old SNL with Dennis Miller? Awesome. Anyways, we had a busy weekend and I meant to blog some, but just kept forgetting!! BAD. On Thursday, my sister called and wanted all the kids to spend the night on Friday. (I think she just does this to make me look bad…) So, Thursday night, Levi and I packed his overnight bag for Aunt Tricia’s being sure to include his guns, toothbrush and a pair of boxers. He thought that was all he needed! After he went to bed, I put more stuff in there.

Friday, after work, we all met up at my parent’s house and Tricia drove off with a very excited Levi, Griffin and Emmy!! They were headed to pick up Bailey and Casey for a night of junk food, playing with each and every toy in the house and lots of screaming, I’m sure!! :) God love my sister! Before she could change her mind, Eric and I drove away for a nice, quiet meal together at Longhorn. Mmm, mmm, good. I got ribs and he got chicken. He told me to go ahead and order a full rack of ribs so he could take leftovers home. So, picture this: big ol’ pregnant lady with a big ol’ honkin plate of a full slab of ribs, mashed potatoes and bread and Eric with a side salad and grilled chicken. I’m sure people were cackling. I wanted to post a sign that said “He’s going to eat half of this!!! I promise!”

After dinner, we headed home to WORK. Just what you want to do when your kid is gone for the night! I pulled everything out of Levi’s closet and re-organized it. He now has all his toys in one side of the closet since we are making the toy room the nursery. I also went ahead and pulled out all his summer clothes and put away most of his winter stuff, minus what he’s still wearing for a few more weeks. It was awesome to get that done. In the mean time, Eric primed and painted the nursery. I’ll post pics later when it is finished, but this was a big undertaking! The room was blue. BLUE, people. Like UK or COLTS blue. He put a coat of primer and a coat of white paint on and you could still see blue! Now, I’m happy to report that it is yellow! We hope to have the nursery done by Friday so I can decorate. Whoop!! Pics to follow!

Saturday night was GNO….but we opted to stay in at Gretchen’s. SO FUN! I have a new love for the game of Domino’s. I heart Domino’s. Maybe it’s because I won the first round?? I think everyone was WAY jealous of my awesome Domino’s skillz. I’m just sayin… I also heart ooey gooey brownies, whoopee pie cookies and pizza.

3 comments:

Amanda Brady said...

It has been years since I have played dominoes! Our most recent love at work is Bananagrams. Have you played that one yet?

Arthur Family said...

Bananagrams are awesome if you like word games. It took me a bit to get the hang of it!

Jami said...

I need to get that recipe from Janna, those were AWESOME!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS