So, what do you do on these kinds of days??
Everything in me is screaming “be in a bad mood…be irritable with everyone around you…cry…leave work and go shopping…” That sounds so tempting!! But, I’ve decided it’s much better to do something nice for someone else. (I’m not sharing this to “toot my own horn…” but so that I can remind myself that it is NOT about me.) So, today I’m sending my first care package to Esther. Esther is our adoptive college student!! Several families at church have adopted a student for a semester to pray for, encourage and to send care packages to. Levi and I went shopping a couple weeks ago and got her some things on her “want list”. In a couple days, she’ll receive a goody box with popcorn, dark chocolate M & M’s, gum, hand sanitizer, highlighters, post it notes, flavored chap stick, mints and a few other odds and ends. Now, let me tell you…this is a little hard for me because her info sheet tells me she is a Dallas Cowboys fan…GAG. It goes against my being to befriend someone who is not a Colts fan. But, there is always prayer. Maybe I can pray her to love Peyton & Company…
I’ll keep you posted on my “adopted” daughter!! I already feel better and know that God can turn any bad day into a better day. : )




5 comments:
I believe in your power of prayer to convert the non-believer to Peyton ;) In all seriousness, good for you, reaching beyond your own misery to think about others. That's the best way to get over ourselves, think of others :)
At least she's not a Patriots fan!
What a nice thing to do for someone else! Btw- I would just be cranky & unapproachable all day. Way to turn that frown upside down! :)
Tracey, you made me smile! And personally, I think you're a saint to have all that happen in the morning and still have a smile on your face. So cheesy, but it makes me think of that song..."put on a happy face." :D
That was an encouragement and a good reminder not to throw a pity party on our "bad days."
Post a Comment