Friday, March 12, 2010

the cool bus

Last weekend, our church held a "drive-in" for the new Veggie Tales movie. They encouraged parents and kids to make a car out of a cardboard box. So, Eric being Eric, along with the genius input from our neighbor, Bob, they built a bus....named Cool Bus. The kids had a blast and it was fun to see all the kids "rolling in" in their cars.

Levi, Janie & Reece


Along with getting their pictures taken for a drivers license, they got snacks - lemonade, popcorn and Veggie Tales fruit snacks!! (Man, when I was little and we did a movie at church, we just got to take a blanket to sit on and could go to the water fountain if we got thirsty...)
I love our church and the passion they have for kids!!! I'm sure it blesses God to see all His little ones gather together and learn how to love Him more! :)

7 comments:

Michelle said...

That is so awesome... what a way to reach out to the kids and have just an amazing activity! I really like the bus... very good! :)

April said...

I should have known that they were not kidding when they were planning the "Cool Bus." It does look awesome. Good job guys!

Jami said...

Let me guess, everything was precise, just like his Halloween costume one year?

Amanda Brady said...

We have done this the last couple of years. It is always cute to see what they build. We change it up based on the movie...so the first year we did cars for a drive in, last year they did a float in and did boats, and this year they watched Meet the Robinsons and kids built spaceships/time machines.

Jill said...

How cool is that?! I was going to the same thing as Amanda about the different ones we have done. It's amazing to see the creativity. Go Eric!

Arthur Family said...

That is so unique and creative! Go Eric!

melanie said...

I am pretty impressed with Eric's creative ability. He is doing a fabulous job with the buses. Does his creativity go beyond the bus?

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS