Thanks to my sister-in-law, Jenny, we started a new tradition at our house this year. I’d never heard of The Elf on the Shelf. She called me last week and told me about the Elf and said she was at Walnut Ridge and they had 3 left and she would buy me one. :) Thanks, Jenny!
Our box came with "Frank" and a book
Here are a few of the specifics:Each child can name their own elf. Levi named ours Frank!
At night time, Frank flies to go visit Santa and let him know if Levi’s been a good boy! Sometime in the early morning, Frank flies back and hides somewhere in the house. So far, Frank has hidden in the toy room, Levi’s bathroom, the van, and on top of the fridge.
Levi gets to look for Frank after he wakes up. It's very cute! The first thing Levi says after waking up is “Mom, let’s look for Frank!”
Little kids can’t touch their elf or he loses his “magic” and can’t go visit Santa.
On Christmas Eve, Frank brings a letter from Santa to Levi. In our letter, Santa will tell Levi how important it is to be a good boy and always listen to his Mommy and Daddy. It will tell him how much Jesus loves him and how he needs to keep learning the words in his Bible. It will also tell him how important it is to treat his friends nicely and to do the things that God wants him to do.
I love Christmas time!! It's so much fun...




5 comments:
I know so many people who are doing this. I need to find me one for next year, it sounds like fun.
I saw these kits at Playthings on Shelbyville Rd. (cool toystore, btw). The lady was explaining it to me and it sounded neat. We might do it in a few years! Christmas time is just chalked full of all kinds of good things! ;-)
Hey! I wanted to tell you too that I like how you're doing the letter. David and I are still trying to decide how to handle the whole "Santa Claus" thing. Luckily we still have some time to decide, but I love how you're still keeping the focus on Christ! :-)
Jill - thanks! I grew up loving the magical idea of Santa, but because that wasn't our main focus, I wasn't obsessed with him. I think there can be a healthy balance. Oh, my mom told me about a book I want to get. It's about how Santa goes to visit the manger and show his love for Baby Jesus. I'll find out the name of the book and post it. :)
Love this idea! I need one of those Elfs!
Post a Comment