I think my favorite tradition is Dad's Christmas breakfast!! He's always made a yummy spread that we eat before opening the gifts. Since my brother, sister and I have gotten married and had kids, our tradition has evolved. Now, we all get up and head to Mom and Dad's for breakfast. The kids are all dressed alike in Christmas pj's that Grammy buys them. It seems like each year, she has to buy one new set of pj's. Next year, there will be six pair!! We read the Christmas story in the Bible and dig in...bacon, sausage, eggs, biscuits & gravy, fried potatoes...so good! Then, when we can contain the kids no longer, we open gifts. I love watching their faces light up at the littlest things. Mostly, they love making a huge mess with wrapping paper and bows. :)
I can't really remember why I started this post (pregnancy brain!!!) but it's been fun to recall some old memories and talk about our breakfast tradition. I hope that my children will have wonderful memories of Christmas to tell their children and grandchildren. (sniff, sniff...)




2 comments:
Awww... good posts. I can't wait to make traditions with Cooper, I'm sure Levi & "tori" will grow up and cherish their memories as much as you do.
I love family memeories and traditions. We are trying out a few with our little family. Matt wanted to introduce Fondue this year as a lunch tradition but we didn't get it off the ground.
Post a Comment