We had our ultrasound this morning. Let me back up and tell you about my fun-filled day!!
Eric, my sweet Mom and I headed out for the doctor's office at 9am. (I had dreams last night that I was having a girl and Brad & Angelina called me to see if they could babysit...WEIRD.) They called me back, got me situated and then we got to look on the screen and see my sweet little baby! The tech took pictures of the head, brain, heart, kidneys, stomach, arms, feet and then, she asked if we wanted to know the sex. YES! She said "it's a girl" and I thought I was going to have a heart attack!! My head started to spin and I was in SHOCK! I really thought we were having another boy. My mom started to cry and got up to get a tissue. :) Eric said "Are you sure??" He said he wanted another boy, but I'm pretty sure this little girl will have him wrapped around her little pinky!!
After the ultrasound, I met with Dr. Wright and he went over the pictures with me. I have a condition called "marginal placenta previa" which I understand to be somewhat common. I have to go back in six weeks for another ultrasound. I won't go into all the details, but worst case scenario is that I'll have to have a C-section. Dr. Wright felt sure that this will go away and I'll be able to deliver normally, though!
So, it's a girl. Next? Shopping with my Mom to buy something pink!! I saw a cute little outfit that Levi will bring to give to the baby at the hospital. It's a "newborn" size, but still looks huge!
Our chef (Levi took this picture)




7 comments:
As a mommy to a boy and a girl. I can say that they both are wonderful. However, there's something about knowing "I'm going to have a daughter" that is quite exciting. Soak it up. Enjoy it. You now have a son AND a daughter.
AHHHHHHH!!!! Yayayayayay! I'm so excited for you guys!!!
I had placenta previa too. It seemed like my placenta moved farther away every time I had an ultrasound and I'm sure yours will too! :)
Congrats!!
I'm smiling so big after reading your post, Tracey! God is SO good. :)
BTW-love the pic Levi took. . .he's got a great eye! ;)
Love the new outfit.
I call being the babysitter! :) Haha, I'm so happy for you guys. Can't wait to meet her. Post the name when you figure it out! ;)
Sophia
Congratulations Tracey... how wonderful! Also, I love Dr. Wright... he's my doctor too.
So tempted to say Beth Barry's better but we'll leave that alone. :)
I am so happy for you. Having a daughter is so special. I just can't describe it. Boys are great, but girls are so different.
Post a Comment