Monday, June 29, 2009

Getting ready for vacation

What is it about the week before vacation? Maybe it’s my desire to be an organized person. I’ve made three lists now: Things to pack, Things to buy, Things to do. Under “Things to pack”, I have written down stupid things – underwear, sunscreen, camera…please tell me why these things need to go on a list? We are going on vacation to the beach. The beach…aren’t sunscreen and the camera a given?? And underwear, come’on! Who doesn’t pack underwear?

Anyways, we are 4 days away from leaving. I’m excited, overwhelmed and a little antsy. Here come my thoughts: Someone’s going to get sick; I don’t want to travel 12 hours with a 3 year old (or a 34 year old! Ha); Do I have our money budgeted right?; I’m so glad we don’t have to board our dog this year; I wonder if Jill will water my flowers; I need to use up the food in the fridge; Oil changed? Check. Tires rotated? Check.; Why the heck is gas so expensive?; Schedule a pedicure; Oh, I forgot we need toilet paper at home (put that on the “Things to buy” list – but not for vacation – Oh my, do I need another list?); Should I pack a small sewing kit? Okay, so yes, I’m weird when it comes to vacation. My mind goes on overload.

Oh yeah, I remember why I make “stupid” lists. The first year we went on vacation – to the BEACH – I forgot to pack Eric’s swim trunks. That’s why I have to have lists! :)

My whole point to this post: I asked Levi what he wanted to take on “bacation” and he said “My John Deere Tractor book”. I thought you’d enjoy that, Dad!! :)

1 comment:

Jami said...

LOL!!! I love it. I make lists for things I know I will never forget too. Our last vacation, since we were going to Florida in Feb and I wasn't wearing the clothes I was taking, I started packing like weeks in advance.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS