Wednesday, January 14, 2015

All things Maggie May

Today, I'm talking about all things Maggie May. 

You guys -- this little girl brings me so much joy. And exhaustion and frustration. And sometimes, she causes me to get on my knees and pray so that I don't strangle her little butt. However, we're gonna just focus on the joy today. ;-)

She came home Monday wearing this crown. Adorable. She was picked as the Star student of the week for preschool. You would have thought the Queen had visited and made her a princess. Oy. She requested that we all refer to her as "Princess Maggie" for the rest of the day. So much sass. 


She really does love school. Her teacher has wonderful things to say about her on a regular basis, which makes us extremely happy. She is very social. In fact, when we pull up to the car rider line, she rolls down her window so she can shout talk to all her friends. 


These days, she seems to be growing up so fast. She has gone from that little toddler stage to a little girl. I'm not gonna lie...I love each new stage! Except maybe the new stage of throwing up a peace sign each time I try to take her picture. QUIT ACTING LIKE YOU'RE TWELVE. ;-)


Along with Maggie turning 4 came a super sensitive side. She's always been a sensitive child, but recently it has become a little RIDICULOUS. If I tell her no, she immediately throws out the lip and you can prepare yourself for a full on meltdown with a bucket of tears. She will be perfect for the day time soap opera scene. This child can cry like no other. Most of my family thinks it is comical. My parents just sit back and smile because they say that is exactly how I was. Whatev. 

And this right here melts me every time...


Every night, Mags falls asleep with her "Boltie" and her hand twisting her hair. So sweet! She got Bolt as a souvenir from Disney and rarely does anything without him. She has done the hair thing since she was a baby. She loves to rub it or twist it when she gets sleepy and we think it is quite adorable.


I have this weird, paranoid mom obsession to constantly remember what my kids are wearing. Call me crazy or tell me I've seen too many scary shows where the child gets abducted and the police instantly say, "What was he/she wearing?". I can always give you details about them. And, at the end of any given day, I will be able to back up my details with the MULTIPLE SELFIES of Maggie on my phone. Every.Single.Day. #blessed 


Love that little face! It is crazy to me that this once little blob-like baby is now quickly approaching FIVE YEARS OLD. Thankful for the joy that she adds to our lives.

1 comment:

Jami said...

Maggie is awesome.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS