You ever have one of those mornings? Those mornings when life is just...good? You wake up on the right side of the bed. You have some sweet quiet time before the bustle of the day. Your house is clean and laundry is done. You're having a really good hair day and are pretty okay with your outfit.
This was my morning on Thursday last week.
Maggie was at preschool and I was feeling pretty proud of myself for getting things checked off my "to do" list. When I picked her up from school, my day changed.
Look at this:
You see that? THAT, my friends, is mud. MUD. Ima tell you a little story.
I did my usual thing as I picked Maggie up from preschool. Parked the van, walked up the hill, greeted the teacher, exchanged pleasantries, told the teacher goodbye -- all the normal things. As we walked back down the hill, I was telling Maggie not to step wherever there were muddy places because she could slip and fall...
...which is exactly what I did.
I slipped and fell. In the mud. At my daughter's school. In front of her teacher and some parents. {Please PLEASE excuse the extremely awful butt pictures, but I wanted you to see how horrid this was!}
I do believe any of my other most embarrassing moments have now been topped.
As I sat there, IN THE MUD, I tried to stand up and fell back down AGAIN. People. I can't even...
Maggie didn't even want to walk next to me because she didn't want to get dirty.
And, you know what was even worse than MY SHOE GETTING STUCK IN THE MUD?
Maggie's teacher sending me a message later that evening to check and see if I was okay.
I died of embarrassment all over again.
Luckily, I was able to sit back and laugh about it. You know, after I cleaned off the van seat, washed Maggie's backpack, sprayed off the floor mats, cleaned my shoes, did a load of laundry, took a bath, and slugged Eric for laughing at me. ;-)




4 comments:
PRICELESS!
Best post ever. Literally lol'ing in bed
This is by far, my favorite post you have ever done. I'm just upset that I am reading it on here and not right after it happened.
UHM I don't know HOW I missed this! I'm SO mad at myself that I did!
Thank you for sharing - I love you have no shame!
(but I'm sorry you fell. I hope you didn't hurt yourself..)
Post a Comment