Monday, August 11, 2014

haircuts and lunch buddies

Things are pretty quiet around the house since school has started back. Some days, it's surreal to sit on the couch and NOT hear arguing. Don't worry though...if I miss my kids arguing, all I have to do is count down the hours until Levi gets home, wait about 10 minutes and BOOM - fights. ;-)

Maggie and I have been filling our days with some fun things. Playing at the park has been a must with this CRAZY COOL summer weather. I adore it.


Maggie also got her first "big girl" haircut.  She has had it trimmed twice. Once because Gretchen told me her mullet status was no longer cute and the other because she has super fine stringy hair and they say it will grow in better.  "THEY lie." ;-)

My friend Ashly that cuts my hair has also trimmed Maggie's. Maggie has never been fond of having her hair trimmed. When I say "never been fond", I mean she cries and acts like I am pulling her apart limb by limb. Oh the drama. But this time was different. I don't really know why. I didn't threaten her life or anything. Weird. Ashly asked her if she wanted to wash her hair in the sink or use a spray bottle and I was blown away when she said, "in the sink!" like she was an nine year old.

And, when she asked if she wanted to have it blown dry or just let it air dry, Maggie said, "blow dry!". Who was this child?

Cutie patootie. Little Crystal Gayle keeps telling me she wants her hair down to her bottom, so we'll see how long that continues. Ha!

Meanwhile, back on the new school homefront, I get tagged in cute little pictures like this! Not only is Levi making new friends, but so is Mommy! One of my new friends, Turkey (no, that's not her real name, but that's a story for a whole other day!) had lunch at school and snapped this pic.

He has had his first full week at school. Some nights have been better with his anxiety and some nights are still a total struggle. Sundays are hard after he has been home all weekend. Life is a crazy journey and being a parent is the absolute hardest thing I have ever done. Sometimes, I feel like a complete failure. But, I know that God requires me to nothing on my own...so I'm standing strong ON HIM. I'm praying every hour that He gives me what I need and helps us through this process. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fact: haircuts are traumatic.

Unknown said...

How can it be that Miss Maggie May is in preschool and Levi is...seriously...in third grade???

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS