Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Spring Break Shenanigans

Last week was our Spring Break and I'm kind of in denial that it has come and gone.  This is the first year our school corporation has switched to the balanced school calendar, which means we originally had two weeks off for Spring Break.  But because we had such a harsh winter with a BILLION snow days, they took the second week away from us.  Boo.  We made the most of our week off, though!  Our first day off, we hit the road with Jami and crew...


She asked if we wanted to go to The Common's in Columbus and let the kids play.  They had a lot of fun!  


The two littles crack me up!  They always walk around telling each other they are best friends and constantly say, "I love you!"  So stinkin' sweet!! 


Seriously...Maggie's smile kills me!  


Love my babes. :)  Great day, great fun!


That evening, when we got home, Levi had BIG plans!  Eric made arrangements for the two of them to go flying with a friend of his.  Flying.  On a little 4 seater plane.  EEK!  I was pretty nervous for them to go, but made it out to Levi like it was NO BIG DEAL!  I honestly didn't think he would go through with it, but he did!

Eric said they checked out the plane and Levi started to get nervous.  He thought he may start crying.  But, he stood strong.  Joe told them that if they got up in the air, all Levi had to do was say "I'm done" and he would turn around and land.


I'm so glad I wasn't there!  Levi probably would have sensed my anxiousness and backed out.  I would have probably said, "are you okay?" a thousand times!


During takeoff, Levi left his coat over his face.  Ha!


But, once they were in the air, he thought it was pretty cool and came out from hiding!





Levi and his new BFF, Joe! :-)


Such a FANTASTIC experience for him!  I'm so glad he went through with it and LOVED it!  Sometimes he simply amazes me.  Love that boy.

2 comments:

Jami said...

We had a great day!
I am proud of Levi for doing that. No way, no how, would you ever get me up there.

melanie said...

you did a great job at not being a nervous mama.
love school breaks! can't wait for summer

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS